Freddy Winter ran 3x 41 off

chris55

• Baller

I was lucky enough to watch Freddy Winter, the world champion, to enter 43 off 3 times last week-end in France. Just to watch him skiing through 41 off was pretty amazing. It looked so......easy.....even I know it was not easy. Freddy is having an amazing end this season. Then I had the privilege to chat with him, he is definitly a super nice guy.

Freddy if you read this again thank you for spending time with me and the discussion was inspiring.

the results are there :

iwwfed-ea.org/classic/17FRA018/

Check the names and I can tell you this tournament was world class

• Baller

When I last spoke to Freddie, I think the ankle injury, he collected, was quite a blow, you would have to talk to Freddie, to get the real info, but to me he seemed to have been humbled by the experience, he has done fantastically well to come back from his health issues in such a strong way, perhaps the Reset has worked to his advantage, it is Magic too see him back on top as one of the main contenders.

Go Freddie Go !

• Baller

I also apologise for the spelling, but whether it is Freddy, Freddie or what ever, in my book, he will always be a power house who skis exceptional well, on top of that he is starting to get consistency, look at the world's, conditions were far from perfect, but Freddy got the job done and he deserved to win.

Look at the level of skiing required to even get a entry, it shows how high the bar is, it is mind boggling, the work and dedication these Guy,s & Gals have to put in to get to the top level, has to be applauded.

• Baller

I've been fortunate to have a front row seat to Freddie's return this year. Right before Christmas he tried his first 39' with me after his injury and ran it. He and I were both smiling ear to ear. For him, I think it was a weight off of his shoulders that he was going to be able to return to where he was, and for me it was just special to be a part of the process.

Over the course of this year, he's irritated that ankle numerous times. I'd say each time more frustrating than the last, but Freddie is such a strong competitor, and easily his most harsh critic. And, put his mind toward one goal, winning the Worlds.

He didn't ski for most of June to let his ankle rest, but then came back more focused. Training on and off the water harder than ever, but also very calculated and smart.

A week or so before the World's he told me that he thought he was on track to do really well. Well, he was right, and is skiing the best he has all year. He gets back here to The Boarding School on Tuesday. Can't wait to get back to skiing with him and see what happens over the next few years. One thing I know for sure after this year is that he is unstoppable!

• Baller
Heard that Freddie is really into watching his English football. Got to watch him almost run a 41 @ The Boarding School. That is after he finished watching his football of course. So if you like the sport that we Yankees call soccer , you have to go to the boarding school and hang out with Freddie. Might also learn a few things about skiing.