What were your "firsts" this year?

MISkier

• Baller

- Finally ran -22/36 and tied my new practice PB 2 @ -28/36 on several occasions!

- First time riding on hard shells and made the Reflex purchase.

- First season my wife and I didn't ski with the Flag on the 4th of July since we've been together.

- Wife and I welcomed our first child, Adalyn on July 24! (hints the no 4th of July skiing, or skiing in general for her this year.)

- First time the ski season ended in August...sold the promo, backup boat broke and ski partner @bbrannan broke his arm.

Ran a full pass in the course for the first time ever (I'm a newer skier) - it was at 28mph, 15 off in June

Ran full pass at 30mph, 15 off

Ran full pass at 32mph, 15 off

Ran a tournament opener at 30mph, 15-off

Skied and drove at Radar Lake

Skied in Arvin, CA for the first time

I know those are all lame scores in the grand scheme of things, but these last few months have been a HUGE deal to me!!

• Baller
First season in 5 years that I haven't been nagged by injuries. I think that's due to it also being the first season in 30 years that I trained at 32 mph instead of 34. Thanks for ZBS @JeffSurdej and usa waterski.

• Baller

Broke my PB by 2 buoys

Broke that PB by another 1.5 buoys

Set NY state M2 Record

Tied newest PB 2 more times

Won Eastern Regionals

Won Nationals

Competed in my first pro event

Not bad for a 33 year old, definitely the most fun summer I’ve ever had skiing!

• Baller
Over the last couple of weeks I have learned that KD is back and in a big way. Their new ski is the business, I'm hitting some new milestones on it after only a few sets. Well done @twhisper , Wayne Briant and anyone else who had a role in developing this ski.

• Baller
First year I didn't beat my daughters score in a tournament. The last tournament I skied with her I had to take a huge slack hit just to tie her score (both skiing @ 34mph). You know you're getting old when your daughter is poised to start skiing more buoys than you...