HO fins

JBB

• Baller
Be fun to see @jayski respond to that one. Both Radar and HO have this style of fin available on their cross over/open water skis. May let the bigger skis run higher in the water in the tail? HO is marketing that the Hex fin has a cross section that is an aerofoil instead of flat - but since the Syndicate version comes with a regular competition fin - I would assume the benefits are largely one of cost of machining a fin box.

• Baller_
The shape of the fin will offer a stability v responsiveness difference. The deeper the center of pressure or farther from the ski bottom surface will increase roll resistance and improve stability but at a loss of responsiveness. There will need to be some shaping to provide the correct amount of surface area for the fin to be effective.

• Baller

All I can say for sure is that if the Hex fin was three-way adjustable, it wouldn't work well for tuning as we currently know it.

And to hazard a guess, I'd say maybe since it has a fixed length and depth it can be almost any shape HO wants. So why not shape it like a surfboard fin cause surfboards are cool.

• Baller

We actually market 3 different fins across our slalom skis:

1. Syndicate Adjustable Fin- as the name implies, this fin is found on our Syndicate skis and is adjustable for length, depth and DFT

2. Comp Fin - this fin is offered on our crossover skis and is only adjustable for DFT in three positions

3. Hex Fin - this is a fixed position surf style fin found on our EVO and Freeride collection as well as our standard construction Omni.

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations