One size fits all? Hmmmm

Wish

• Baller_

So I love Radar products and have used them for yrs but this one has me puzzled. It's supposed to stretch behond my 67" c65 so it can slip over the ski. That's well over a foot it has to stretch. My Comaro wetsuit doesn't stretch that far. Seriously feels like I'm gonna tare something. Anyone else have this issue?

x6gktc8gk3ul.jpeg

• Administrators

@Wish Is this really a question? Take your fin guard off and see it if fits.

http://media.tumblr.com/fe497dd337d9af8479bb6398b9565d16/tumblr_inline_mg6n5ltl6X1rxe4lt.gif

• Baller_

Couple things. 1. The quality of this product is exceptional compared to previous ones I've owned and any that I've seen. 2. The insert over the fin is removable and the Finfirkn fits nicely inside without insert.

It's the tremendous amount of stretch needed to get it on the ski that is concerning.

• Baller_

Again, I took the fin guard that came with the sock out. I bought this sock because integrated fin guard could be removed to accommodate mine and it does and does it well. Stretching neoprene 15" to me puts stress on seams and the material itself. Nothing to do with my strength or you all thinking I'm not smart enough to deal with fin guards...geez. Moronic assumptions much? Try and stay on topic a little will ya. If the consensus is that it can and does tolerate that kind of stretch without durability issues then fine. If anyone has had issues with rips or the material breaking down I'd like to hear about it. If none...cool.

@dvskier thanks for the post.

• Administrators

@wish I'm giving you giving you crap because the way you phrased the question.

Radar says it fits so try it. If it fits great. If it tears or you just don't like it then return it to your dealer.

• Baller_

@wuss seriously, did you even try to put your ski in it? The tone of your post suggests you were asking questions without even trying it. Sorry, but that's why you're getting crap.

Try it for a while. If it "tares" or you can't stretch it I'm sure radar will back their product.

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

• Baller_
Did try. Have no doubt Radar will back it up. They have taken care of me in the past. Have no issues in that regard. @Horton ..so much as a thread tares and you'll be buying me a new one. Not sure why they would design it so unessisarily short. Are the afraid it will fall off? @PurdueSkier thanks for being constructive. Glad I'm not the only one.

• Baller

@Wish the problem I see is that you're trying to stretch a Radar sock over a Denali. They carefully cut the neoprene so that it only fits a Radar. Heaven forbid if anyone tries to use it on a Goode or D3 or Denali!! I'm sure that's your problem!!

By the way, do you really ski on that thing with the bindings hanging off the edge of the ski??!!

• Baller_
Boot plates are something I built a long time ago. And use occasionally. Built out of composite do to being able to work with basic shop tools and pennies on the dollar for modifing and tossing if something doesn't work. No release. Not recommended. Taller is just a nice side affect...haha. ;) Ski sock is stretched over ski. Guess it's a non issue according to a couple posts. Not sure I'll be posting any product questions in the future though...haha. Still waiting on the coveted triple Panda....come on @Horton

• Baller
I was looking at the Radar and HO socks with fin protectors for my new ski as I just retired the slalom bag I bought in 1988. Still have the EP trick bag that came with my ST 360's in 82. How long will the socks last?