Course Surveyors - Upper Midwest

jhughes

• Baller
A lot of things could affect that, single drop versus crossline, depth, shore access. Where I'm at you could be looking at anywhere from $1500 to $3000 or if I was regularly skiing with you ....nothing. Feel free to message me with any questions.

• Baller

does it freeze solid in the winter? if so just survey it on the ice which shouldn't cost more than about $500 and then chainsaw your holes and drop in your weights. theres articles on the internet explaining the process and 4 guys can easily put in a course in 6 hours or so

• Baller

I have done a good bit of work with 8-buoy courses. Most recently at Kris LaPoint's in

Florida, and before that at Dave Goode's place near Salt Lake City. Best if you can extend

the course in just one direction, and retain all the original 6-buoy

• Baller

@John Brooks @braindamage Summers at Tech are sweet and short. This year, I think summer fell on a Wednesday.

I got a ski ride on the Portage one time while a student up there, cruised right under the lift bridge. Also, Twin Lakes south of town -- with a wood-fired sauna at the water's edge to warm up!

And yes. Drinking. Lots and lots of drinking.

• Baller
Thinking back to all the civil engineering students at Tech surveying campus when I was there, you would think at least one alum would be a TC. Then again, it seems like a large percentage of Tech Grads are so emotionally scarred from the weather up there they move someplace warm after they graduate.