October season bests!

Than_Bogan

• Gold Member

It seems like there may really be something to these new skis. We've just moved into drysuits here in Massachusetts, which might not seem conducive to season bests, but nevertheless:

My regular ski partner, @MikeT, has had a distinct uptick in performance with his new Goode XTR, and is knocking hard at running -38, with several 5s and 4s, both season bests.

And with my back finally (mostly) healed, I'm starting to unleash the power of the Denali c-65! I had already run more -35s with it than the rest of the season, but then yesterday I registered a new season high with a full 3 @ -38.

Looking forward to more fun and more buoys with this thing in the limited time before we have to call it a season, usually around the first week of November.

• Baller

I haven't been able to get a decent ski day in October yet. I have been out 4 times and each time it was either wind or sun that ran us off the lake far sooner then I would have liked.

Unfortunately the weather just hasn't cooperated for me in my late season goals.

• Baller
Last October I had the month of a lifetime. Ran 38 every set I skied, sometimes more than once. Weather was warm and calm - skied almost every day! This October, well, I'm just happy to be skiing! I'm back to riding my Mapple 6.0 after a year on the 16 Vapor. Ski just suits me - so smooth, early and easy. Just running a bunch of 32 off and enjoying the ride.