Heater shirt recomendations

matt_b

• Baller
My wife informed me that my heater shirt is looking ratchet so I need a new one!! Nice. Any recommendation's? Good for water in the mid 60's and up. Looking at the O'neill Hyperfreak 05 mil and a Hyperflex 50-50. Hyperflex has a neoprene body and different material on the sleeves. Stokes looks nice but $150.00?

• Baller_

Camaro blacktec hands down. I had an O’Neil guru that I loved and finally wore out after 10 years. Got a blacktec from Robbie’s ski shop this fall and was amazed at just how warm it was.

On sale for $99

Sorry about the long link

https://www.robbysskishop.com/store/p3/CamaroBlacktecTopWetsuitTop

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

• Baller

Which one is warmer blacktec or modtec? Any other differences? Are they a tight fit?

I purchased an eagle with taped seams, it was supposed to be the best but the size recommended was off and water flowed through it. I'm on the other side of the world so freight to get here and back is a killer. I want warm, form fitting and a bit of stretch to my shape

• Baller

@GregHind BlackTec is definitely warmer, but for mid 60's and up I prefer the Modetec. Both fit like a second skin, but Modetec is thinner and less restrictive. But ... if I could only have one top, I would buy the BlackTec.

I would say the best scenario for Modetec is when it's warm enough that you don't really need a top, but chilly enough that you're just not going to take that second set without a top because you're a pussy. You put the Modetec on and then you don't think about the temperature. Does that make sense?

• Administrators
Should surprise no one that I am using the Stokes hot top and am really happy with it. Because of the zipper it is easy to get into and is still snug. Might be my favorite Stokes product.

• Baller

+1 for O’Neill. I have a Gooru 2:1 (about 5 years, I don’t think they make it anymore), warm, durable, flexible. It’s the second one I’ve owned, the first one lasted 10 years. I finally did it in scuba diving in salt water, installing/removing docks etc. Call Performance, they can recommend the most similar current model. I would get the 1.5mm for the extra warmth, mobility will be fine.

That being said, my ski partner has a Camaro Blactec and loves it. He is super careful with it though because of durability concerns.