Slalom courses in Lake County Mt Dora area

liquid d

• Baller
@turbogoose Nice boat in profile pic. Is that a current owned boat, and running? There are a number of similar era boats running around regularly on the Harris/ Dora chain. I can't speak to the courses in the area, we only come up for some restaurant/bar hopping. Maybe you and Orlando76 can hook up and get his courses running.

• Baller
@turbogoose where are you relocating from? I’m in Mt. Dora, across the street from lake Ola with Beauclaire and Dora ramp 1/2 mile behind my house. Lake Ola has super limited access with only 1 ski boat on it. Are you looking at purchasing lakefront? If not only Dora/Eustis Chain has public access and lake Dalhousie which does not have a course but doesn’t see much public use. I’d be willing to put a portable out there and leave it. I can count every free and course skier in this end of orange and lake counties on both hands, def not much of a ski scene here. If you’re looking at lake front there’s a few lakes not mentioned that have great slalom potential.

Presently live near Nashville, TN. Lakefront property would be ideal. However, across the street with easy dock and ramp access also works. Not wanting big lake. The big chain doesn't excite me. Need lot size big enough so to have a large shop. Not rich. Not poor. Beauclaire probably out of my budget. Lake Joanna and Ola appear to be good fit. The boat in profile pic is running. I built it. Other water related interests include old wood boats and vintage outboard engines. All suggestions welcomed!

• Baller
Lakefront starts at 500k, shoot the Mt Dora address for a dump not on the water starts at 300. I’ll have to admit living on a chain wouldn’t be my first choice but the Dora chain doesn’t see much use, never any water sporters out there. Definite big wooden boat community on the chain. So if you find a property that suits you on the chain I wouldn’t disregard it. The chains water color looks like a fresh turd after a night of heavy drinking but it’s improving rather quickly and has great sandy bottom. Most if not all the private lakes are crystal clear. Have you talked with a realtor? Any area you’d probably consider would be a good area just avoid Eudora Dr, Lake Saunders area and the numbered blocks. If I can help or sneak a peak for you let me know.

• Baller

Eudora Dr is the ghetto of Mt. Dora, if there is a ghetto. Lots of reduced and supplemented income housing which kinda spills over to Lake Saunders area due to close proximity. Some trailer parks near Saunders too and not the retired sNOw birds type of trailer parks. I’m sure there’s a nice street or two near Saunders but it’d have to be a jem for me. Plus the actual lake Saunders appears to be seasonal and I can imagine a minor dry season could shrink it for over a year where other local lakes would hurt as much. Numbered blocks won’t give you the room for a shop and near Lincoln Ave portion of the numbered blocks is a government housing area. I think Lincoln Ave says enough in itself.

If it weren’t for the fact I’d need my equity in my home upfront plus most if not all my savings (oh and the $12k+ annual taxes) I’d buy 7684 Lake Ola Dr. house needs some attention but you will never find another lot on Ola like that again and it’s a flag pole lot with 2.5 acre orange grove in front that can be had for additional $.