XL Binding recommendation for 15 off, 32mph skier?

flapjack

I've enjoyed my older radar vector bindings, but they have disintegrated... Seems like there are a lot of similar options out now (both Radar and others).

I've got a size 14 shoe, and this is going on a Radar Senate ski.

Side note... With my large foot, there is basically no flexibility to move the bindings on the ski. They are set at the extremes... Are other large footed folks happy with their lack of options to move the bindings, or do you drill new mount holes?

• Baller
I've never felt the need to drill new holes for bindings. I'm not sure I follow why you are adjusted to the extreme and have no other options? As for boot choice, I would think an open toe would need to be considered. I have a Vapor binding for my size 13 foot, but think a 14 would be pretty snug??? Do you have a narrow or wide foot?

• Baller
I have size 14 and wear a 13/14 radar vapor. I have been on several generations of this boot and love it. It was a bit snug until I heat molded the liners. With the 2016 boots I did not have to drill holes but it is close to the mounting limit on stock holes. On my old 2012s I did drill new holes where the boot mounts to the plate. Allowed me to slide the boot forward (I believe) and keep a more neutral mounting position. This left room for easy forward/backward mounting adjustments. The ski mounting hole locations and desires binding location will impact all of this. Drilling new holes for the boot to the plate was very easy. Just make sure you countersink the holes so the screws are flush.

• Baller

@flapjack interesting issue. @aupatking i just bought a XXL reflex and i'm a twelve..i feel that 14 would just be too tight for him.

A little off topic but with such large feet say 4-6 inches more "foot coverage on the ski" does that / how much does it impact the flex on the ski. should large feet guys go up a ski length for flex? just bought a vapour and i tested a 66 and 67 and ended up with the 67 ( just like my senate). i noticed some buddies same weight range but smaller feet went down to a 66...i went solely on feel and ride but wonder how much the flex impacted my runs.

agreed @mmosley899 or @brooks would be a good contact on this.

Good luck on coming up with solution. I have size 13 and 15 cousin and uncle and we struggle with them to get into anything...so interested to hear the end result.

• Baller
@MuskokaKy i wonder if it’s flex, or just the point on the ski that you have made the fulcrum(it is fulcrum, right)? In essence, you’ve moved that point a couple inches forward. And thanks for the info on the XXL sizing. I most often buy size 12 shoes, but every so often find an 11.5 that its, but the XXL just gave me too much room. I want my hard shell tight, to transfer every bit of energy where it should. I shove my foot into the XL and it usually doesn’t start cramping until pass 7.

• Baller
Hey @flapjack , if you are terry from SIA...i say look at @perfski they have good deals on the vector set up...I saw that was one on your list. They are also pretty good to ballers so don't be afraid to mention BOS. They tend to be cheaper than the suppliers north of the boarder. I think it said you were Canadian...so Buckeye surf and ski and Shuswap would be our two better stores then boarsdports and cottage toys....Canada has a limited supply market..Shuswap is the most extensive however there website and payment functions are extremely behind the times!