Malibu TXI MTC screen failure issue

ChasingBouys

Hey Everyone - first post, so thanks in advance for any advice and references to assist.

My MTC touchscreen on my TXI finally gave out. I initially had issues with it when I first purchased and the boat was still under warranty, but it was stated at the time a "software" issue, not the component itself and was never replaced. As luck has it, the screen did develop a dead spot near the mid and lower left portion (3 button for security code). It wasn't a big deal at the time because I simply disabled the security code function and was able to use all other functions....this is no longer the case as it now impacts the use of my nav lights and can no longer use, so late evening sets and safety on the water will heading home is an issue. I know this has been a problematic issue for other owners and am really looking for any suggestions for those that had the issue and best options. Trying to find best price option for replacement as best I've been quoted so far is $1800. Are there any other options out there? I've read a few threads over at malibu crew forum and a few mentioned repairs, but never saw any solid answer/confirmation of success or a good reference/contact? Any assist or help would greatly be appreciated! Love my boat and have been happy with it since day one (besides this issue) just looking for any assistance to get the best value before my season kicks off.

• Baller

My parents are on their third MTC screen on their 2012 Wakesetter. Luckily the first two were under warranty, had to bite the bullet from the dealer on the third however. We explored all options, seems like purchasing from dealer is the only fix. They are meticulous with their boat, there is just nothing you can do about it. Had to wait 4 weeks for the third screen because they were on back order. I think that says a lot about how severe the issue is with these screens!

I feel bad for those with the new 12inch Wakesetter screens. Once those start going bad, I'm sure those will cost you your first born to replace. Malibu dealer at the boat show was telling everyone they have had no complaints on the new Wakesetter screens thus far... makes sense since no one has had to replace one out of warranty yet!