Profile boot orientation

wettek69

• Baller

Gidday guys and girls.

I have just put a new LFF Profile boot on my ski, and am wondering if there is a correct orientation for the tongue. Like this with the tongue on the inside of the sides

80ms9ap1blc5.jpg

or this with the tongue on the outside of the sides:

urmjy2vzr21c.jpg

My ski shop said it doesn't really matter, but I am just wondering if there is a "correct" way to wear it.

Looking forward to your advice.

Regards to all.

• Baller

wettek69, see where you're coming from. I had the same question when I bought it.

Definitely inside as advised by Eddie.

Been using it last few seasons that way. Tongue fits nicely to contour of your shin. If you try to wear it on the outside it will not stay in place against shin and also displace the velcro connection between the boot liner and the shell.

You can already see this effect from your second photo above.

Great comfortable binding but remember as per the instruction label attached, not to synch the top bungee too tight. It will be nice and secure with lighter tension.Your release relies on the bungee stretching to allow the boot to open up.

• Baller

Yep, just put it on again, you can really see that it's meant to go on the inside. Feels kinda strange leaving the top bungee lace just firm but not tight, i'm so used to being snugged in tight on my old Wileys high wrap.

I really like the boot, what sold me on it was the specific foot sizing and orientation, not just the broad range that means you are either tight because it's on the smaller size range or loose because it's on the larger size range

I've got it mounted on my HO Carbon Omni, looks great, and I am already really happy with the ski, so should be a great combo.

Regards to all

• Baller
@condorpilot definitely no apology needed. I am a bear with a little brain. I had been on the Anyone on the Omni? thread and didn't read everything above in this thread. That old adage, don't assume anything as it makes and ass out of u and me ...