Purple Goes Down

ozski

• Baller

About a week ago I finally managed to get through -38 in practice and managed to jag a couple at -39 just to see what it felt like. I went straight down the line which made it that little bit sweeter so I can check that box and think about the next loop which might take more than a couple of years to work out... There is a lot of info inside this forum that made it possible so thanks to everyone who contributes here, the game changer for me on -38 was some crazy stuff that @adamhcaldwell wrote about gates and some other stuff about skiing at the ball / up on the boat. Don't know why it worked but maybe because my work zone became shorter and less outbound and I started to let myself swing up on the boat? It started to feel almost easy.. Thanks again everyone and I could not have got it done without the KD!

ofx0az7x1q5h.jpeg

• Baller

I am hoping to see purple this summer, but my offseason training is not going well since I have been sick most of February.. My best in practice is 6@35 off. I got through the exit gate but lost the handle after I got out because of the slack.

• Baller
@adamhcaldwell Thanks and its amazing how a small change on the gate changed the feel of the whole pass. Getting higher and letting the boat move away from me more before I roll in is giving me a very different and much better feel into 1, even at -39 I did not bomb 1 ball. If I had 1 piece of advice for a skier working their way through the loops it would be that its never too late to change things, you just have to be prepared to miss passes you normally run while you make change, it takes time and discipline.