Courses in Alberta?

aspski

• Baller
Getting a boat this spring and am excited to ski the course for the first time. Anyone know of any public lakes that will have a course on them this year? I am in Calgary so anything central/southern Alberta would be good to know

• Baller

@aspski I’m sure you’re aware of the Predator Bay Waterski Club in Calgary.

There’s a few of us in Medicine Hat that have a course in a local irrigation reservoir called rattlesnake lake. We all chip in for maintenance and install/ removal. Reach out if you’re thinking to head this way

Congrats on getting a new boat! That's awesome. What'd you get?

If you're ever up near Edmonton, look me up. Shalom Park is obviously amazing - the site of nationals. But there's a bunch of us that ski 45 minutes west at Seba Beach. 3 courses decently maintained there.

@Justin We should totally connect! It's a short hop over the highway to get to each others lake.

There's a few of us out there that get out early in the morning every weekend and several weeks of the summer. Any time the wind blows from the west, or north, we're good to go! Would always welcome another skier!

As an aside, we'll often see Steven Neveu out there ripping it up - and he's been kind enough to give a few of us hacks a few tips here and there.

Hey all,

Have seen a few posts similar to this but not real sure where to go, hoping someone can help me out

My Hubby and I are heading over in Late July - Edmonton& down to Vancouver - I used to live and work in Vermillion area a few years ago. Have been telling him how awesome the lakes are compared to Aus and would love to get on the water for a quick ski for a few mornings - Where is the best place to go? Happy to pay for a tug - Google doesn't offer much just a few places around Kelowna etc but I'm thinking some of the smaller lakes are better/more protected/better chance of flat water?

Help!

Anyone here in Northern Alberta? I want to find a course nearby or find a partner or group to set up a course. I love to ski but have never had an opportunity to ski a course.

I ski on Winagami Lake and Lesser Slave Lake in the South Peace.