Baller Wedding Ideas & Contest

RAWSki

• Baller

To all our Baller friends: @Shell and @RAWSki believe we may be the first couple to meet and be married thanks to a 'Ball of Spray Introduction'. The wedding date is set for the weekend of October 5-7 of this year, on Lake Lanier in GA.

We are looking for creative ideas for a wedding between old ballers and lake lovers .I.e. decor, activities, invites tied into skiing and the water . (Come on we know some of you have a creative side)

The winning idea that is selected and used receives an invite and complimentary hotel room at the event along with 'first pass' in the slalom course the morning of the wedding.

P.S. We are also looking for a photographer and an officiant. (Any ordained skiers out there?)

x24yxssk23cb.png

• Baller
@RAWSki @Shell That’s awesome so happy for you guys! My wife and I just renewed our vows 10 years at the waterski lake on the dock. Took pics in/on the boat, had all of our close friends and family, cool lights hanging, with an actual boat theme. My wife calls me captain and she is my first mate so we had a couple signs, anchors, printed koozies etc. was a blast! Not sure if that’s what you were thinking but thought I would share ideas. Can send a couple pics if you would like also.

• Baller
Well, I've been in two wedding parties that all skied in their tuxes between the ceremony and reception. In both cases the bride and bridesmaids went with swimsuits that coordinated with their colors, but the guys went in their tuxedos- those things are pretty much indestructible- just hang them to dry and you're good. It helped that these were casual receptions... The BOS introduction is pretty cool.

• Baller
Well, I've been in two wedding parties that all skied in their tuxes between the ceremony and reception. In both cases the bride and bridesmaids went with swimsuits that coordinated with their colors, but the guys went in their tuxedos- those things are pretty much indestructible- just hang them to dry and you're good. It helped that these were casual receptions... Pretty cool

• Baller

Recently one of the most popular uses of my skis is to celebrate the union of two skiers. I've also done several to celebrate anniversade4ee9sqsc49.jpg

7o1g2gkldnhl.jpg

4ggk5t3axtq5.jpg

ries. A cool way to save the memories is to have everyone sign the ski at the reception

• Baller
@RAWSki @Shell That’s awesome, congradulations!! I’m thinking line the isle with boat guide bouys, get a boat pulling bride and groom ornament for the wedding cake top, “tying the knot” around your hands with a ski rope, pull six turn bouys behind the boat and put a “Just Married” sign above the swim platform for the ride away, for the bouquet and garter toss get everyone on the edge of the dock (something funny may happen), best pass on the course gets to dance with the maid of honor or best man (just for some friendly competition) haha, and for the ceremony you should probably get @Horton certified to do it since it’s a BoS introduction.

• Baller

@DaveD Bill was a tough nut but he has been cracked! Since we have a Centurion in Michigan and another in Georgia------ sadly we are selling the Nautique this spring.

Thus answering the question ."how many Ski boats are too many" :wink:

• Baller

Many, many congratulations. Having just chalked up 30 years I wish you all the best and hope you surpass that mark too.

If permitted, fireworks. On a small floating pontoon with a cheap remote system. Fireworks over water are awesome.

When my daughter got married [she and her husband are sailors] the flowers in on the tables were in small [model] boat hulls. You can put names on them etc. I suspect you can get something that would pass off for a Centurian/SN/MasterCraft/Malibu.

Velcro! We have all seen sports stars come off the bench and rid themselves of their tracksuits. A nifty bit of seam work could have you all dressed up one moment and on the water in a flash.

Guard of honour with skis.

Whatever you do have a great day and enjoy it, don’t worry about it!

• Baller

WHEW!..... our wedding is over and we want to thank all our BOS friends for their ideas, support and best wishes. Here are few shots from the event. Big "Shout Outs" to @dbski for our custom "woodie" to commemorate the day. @Nando, @bigskieridaho and @Wayne too.

We did printed Koozies, we also had GoVino wine glasses customized as well, Anchor bottle openers were the gifts for our guests (is this a drinking theme more than a skiing??) The skis that I learned to ski on (WAY too long ago) became our 'guest book' signed by all our attendees and are now hanging on our great room wall.

The day started with some slalom runs at the ski cove, followed by a pontoon cruise and lunch with friends, then we got dressed and took photos before-hand. The ceremony on the pier included our children performing songs and doing a bible reading. Following the ceremony @shell and I made a quick change into "Just Married" suits and bride and groom shirts over our vests, we had a champagne toast on the edge of the pier then skied away. See video link below. We then raced around the island to meet our group for a sunset cruise on a luxury houseboat. The night concluded back on the pier with dinner and dancing, it was a great day and a ton of fun. We are still recovering, returned home to warm weather and flat water what could be better.

We tried to keep the ski-away a secret but having the boat tied up to the pier prior to the ceremony was a bit of a give-away.

https://facebook.com/christi.protis/videos/10217816936637686/?t=0

j4uxro89jxms.jpg