Wicked Awesome ProStar

Horton

• Administrators

I spend way to much time thinking about the colors for my next ProStar. I took a risk with the Bumblebee and got lucky. I love it. Now how I am going to follow that up? The below black and white one has totally captured my imagination. I think the black hull and white logos make all the difference.

uh1rrt76v8z3.jpeg

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg4bwFQhjyi/

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller
The top black and white photo with white deck. The black running all of the way on the side to the bow is awesome. Timeless elegance. I've had black and white boats since 1999. Nothing more beautiful clean and in my experience less sun fading.

I ski behind a '17 that is mostly black. Looks great and not a problem keeping clean. It does show scratches more than expected on the hull. The black seems very thin with white underneath. Haven't notices any problems on the deck.

• Baller

I'm sure I'm in the vast minority here but I think when folks choose two different colors for the bow profile portion it creates this odd looking "outline" effect. @horton be sure to take a hard look at some examples that have these two areas the same color (not like the supplied picture). I think it looks way better when effectively you remove that goofy outline effect on the bow by picking the same color for both.

58drcd0ujxvp.png

This is an extreme example since the whole thing is solid but at least you can picture the solid bow color:

IMG_3001_grande.JPG?v=1519940569

• Administrators

@jhughes that outline effect that you are talking about .... I think it looks cool.

That blue and white boat above. I'm tempted just to copy it for my next boat.

• Baller
@horton we have an all black boat at our lake that looks the sweetest but does take a whole lot of effort to keep looking good versus the other color schemes. I do like your bumble bee color scheme except going around the island. @Andre your not alone.

• Baller
How much does the custom colors add to the cost of production for these boats? I imagine it takes a lot of time to change out colors, clean spray guns etc. I know everyone gripes about the cost of the boats these days compared to when they used to be in the 20s or 30s but it seems like like colors were much more standardized back then with like 5 colors red, white, blue, black, and purple :s in the 90s. There are some "interesting" boats but anything that's to far out there I cringe at the resale limitations. Of course if its your lifetime boat who cares.