Ski Nautique 2019

skierjp

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller
Impressive, lots of thought went into to it. I like the pursuit to fill in the trough, that is a big deal. Looks like it will make everything we do in the boat a little easier. I think I might buy a little stock in Seadek. No open bow apparently.

• Baller
Not sold on the looks and the price of 130K (if true) seems crazy, but I gotta say Nautique definitely upped the ante and I'm glad that they are obviously showing a commitment to water skiing. Really looking forward to skiing behind it.

• Baller

I love the technology and innovation. I just cannot stand the looks. I miss the days when Nautique designed classic boats that were 'always in style'. Now they are too edgy and hard lined for me. They used to be like Audi, now they are like Lamborghini.

Very cool work from Correct Craft though.

• Baller
Okay, i take back my No i said. Always wondered if they would find a way of taking care of the dip behind the boat, not that i ski that short yet but have free styled and could feel it. Will this be a game changer for a new record?

• Baller
@disland noticed that also. On the Nautique home page, this is the only option. Not sure I am crazy about the looks. 98 inch beam. My guess is that you might not get it past the cables on some existing lifts.

• Baller

Wow looks like a ton of thought went into this boat. Lots of innovation as expected from Nautique. I am sure they will add the open bow option once production gets going. That bow is prime for an open version no question.

The wake looks exceptional. I dont think any of us expected anything less so no surprise there. Cant wait to see what the slower speed wakes are like for the kids and wife. Filling in the troughs is next level, love it.

All the electronics looks troublesome. Its cool stuff, but my feeling is that they are overcomplicating something that should be simpe and concise. I can barely deal with all the options in my car at any given time let alone worry about it in a boat.

Not sure I am ready to trade in my 200 to upgrade at that msrp though.......

• Baller

98" Beam. Wow. @Than_Bogan is so sad right now.

Good to see somebody start a trend hopefully toward trying to take some weight out of the boats. These things are/were starting to get ridiculously heavy.

It's official - ski boats have just been getting uglier and uglier for the last decade and a half. Apparently this trend will not be going away any time soon. I'm starting to see a consistent theme: The manufacturer with the prettiest ski boat is the manufacturer who has least recently put out a new design. Starting today - that is now Mastercraft. Who would have thought that I would one day be in a position to say that a boat that looks like a beam was accidentally dropped on it in the factory, would be the most beautiful option available.

I love seeing 400 pounds of ballast available. Screw the stupid trick rule!!! Let technology innovate!! Imagine if competitive wakeboarding had kept such an asinine archaic rule around.

• Baller
Micro tuners looks pretty cool. No talk so far of the long line slow speed wakes being improved. It looks like the demo days are coming up really soon. Hopefully some folks out there can get some video at demo days of "less than expert" skiers behind this boat.

• Baller

Things I nitpicked about my 200: hard to reach drain plug and almost burnt arms getting it out on a few occasions; gas tank right over the stern weighting the stern when full; skis scuffing engine cover when making ski adjustments; having to pull the whole back seat out to keep feet off it. It looks like they solved those problems and a few more. I also love how the whole floor comes up to lift the engine cover for more room to service. My initial reaction is it is very impressive.

• Baller

Definitely the ugliest boat out there. Way too much sea deck. The sea deck will look horrible as it ages. Too much electronics in the cockpit.

Some really cool interior innovations. I like the back end access for the skiers. Bimini feature is awesome. Drain plug is nice. Like the windshield and low side for the driver. Wake looks really nice. Hopefully I will get a chance to try one out this season.