Ski Nautique 2019

skierjp

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller

For better or worse I bought a used 2017 GS20 for my family (I also have a 2015 6L 200 for me).

My wife is very tolerant of me owning two boats but my 200 is looking like a steal.

A lot of the features of the new 200 (are they officially calling it that?) are identical to my GS20 (dash, electronics, rotary dial by the dash and creature comforts are identical).

The helm control and hot keys are complicated and take some time to learn. Good luck to anyone jumping in one of these at a tournament and thinking they're just going to wing it.

• Baller

@lakeaustinskier That old 200R dealer info release mentioned the GS tower being available for it. Sharing the beam will make that possible.

From what I can tell, all the specs from that release were accurate, except for the name.

• Baller
I have to revise my statement. My dealer texted me and said he's now not sure there will be an open bow. He's not happy about that prospect, as it's going to cost some sales. I think it's kind of cool if that's the case. I could never own one, because my girls demand an OB, but I like CC sticking to their 3 event guns. Seems like this time they built the best boat they possibly could, versus the best boat they could while having an open bow.

• Baller
I think the ZO is overkill, just too much too muchness. MC still has the easiest setup there, the rest of the boat looks perfectly nice, the seadeck might be overkill and the angles look funny but I think I could get used to them. Not sure to what extent a lot of those adjustable pieces down under are actually allowed under the current rule book but the idea of not catching spray in the face when I get into the blue line with a head wind sounds fantastic.

• Baller_

Possibly no open bow option?? Then why bother widening the nose so much?. Like the SeaDeck on the motor box. Need to add some to the spot on the motor box that 90% of passengers end up resting their feet on. Like the design of motor box and partial floor opening up very wide for service needs. Not a fan of the look but wasn't a fan of MC either. MC grew on me rather quickly.

I love where Nautique is going with this boat while continuing to be innovative and not afraid to try new thing. Being carbon fiber I am shocked to see this weighs more than the 200 which has a dry weight of 2,850 (I think) compared to the 2,900 pounds listed for the new design. Also looks like my post about this being $130k moderately equipped was a bit off. Not saying you couldn't get there as the H6 alone is a 10k upgrade but seems that would be the price of this boat fully loaded. I like the idea of the micro tuners, the wake looks great from the video and I'm a fan of the closed bow only. Sad to see the 200 not on the site anymore. I was told they would be keeping them in the lineup.

• Baller

I love what Nautique is doing here, albeit the cost is out of control.

My feeling is when we get to ski behind one, it will be so good we won't care what it looks like, the wake looks that good.

I just wonder whether they'll still be offering the analogue gauge version, lots of folks still prefer that.

• Administrators

Questions and food for thought....

A ) one of the rumors is that they will only build a limited number of 2019s. I think the number i heard was 58. So unless you go to a florida ski school or elite event you are not likely to see one of these boats. Rumor just clarified. Boat will not be limited production.

B ) at this price point they can build a ski boat with the same profit as a wake boat so as much as I hate it I can see the logic. If they only make a limited number at this price this boat may also become sort of a prestige product for the brand more than a profit center.

C) are the Micro Tuners part of the HydoGate or separate? Separate

D) the new HydoGate has 10 settings and I believe it is set electronically. What if at a tournament you ask for a setting of 3 and get a setting of 6? Do you get a re-ride?

• Baller

@horton signup for the CA ProAm, we will have two of the 2019's. Or if you want to try it earlier, we should have one for the BAHA Record in June. Depends if it arrives in time.

Not sure on the HydroGate, but it was mentioned that there are different settings for the line length. Whether that is for the HydroGate or the Micro Adjusters? We will continue to fine out more as they get out on the market, weather can be chosen or automatic.

Very excited to get the boat,

• Administrators

@Krlee I already entered the CA ProAm. Do I have your entry for the NorCal MasterCraft BallOfSpray Cash Prize ?

What I was saying is that for most Ballers this boat is like a Lamborghini, you might see one if you go to the big city but most of us will never sit in one.

• Baller

That number made of 59 is intriguing. When I did a factory tour last year the guide said that they made 200-250 SN200s each year. Going to only 25-30% prior year production levels seems drastic. I hope that number is inaccurate.

Edit: Thanks for the update @Horton, glad it was inaccurate.

• Baller

Well...Lamborghini's are cool. I tracked one once.

If they can indeed sell the new Nautique ski boat at an acceptable margin, however, they should endeavor to sell the hell out of 'em unless part of the b'ness plan is exclusivity.

I don't typically dig pink...but Whitney's boat looks awesome.

• Baller
@Horton there are tons of demo rides available right now. Who's going to be the first baller to head over to Rinis, Jacks ,Corys, or Drews place any give us a report!? Please bring video! Best of all they are free! If I was in FLA I would be the first guy of the dock tomorrow morning at Rini's.

• Administrators
@Live2ski that is another subject..... they cut their promo team down to 35 boats and those boats will only be going to a limited number of tournaments. Current year Nautiques will in fact be rare outside of Orlando for a while.

• Baller

Are the 2019s approved for tournament use?

@Horton I sure hope there aren't 10 skier choices for the Gate or the Adjusters! Too many settings-variables already...

Seems simple.... if you are in trick mode in ZO the H-Gate should go to the trick setting?

Of course nothing in life is simple! ;-)

• Baller

Getting off topic but @scotchipman we have a Centurion with over 2,000hrs onthe hull and the SeaDeck cleans up really well. I have used a little SunnyBrite and a scrub brush and it’s looks good.

I love that the new Nautique has it on the sides. Every promo boat should have that for people stepping in and out

• Baller

I wasn't a big fan of all that brown Seadek in the videos, but I spent some time playing on the Nautique boat configurator this morning and you can make it grey which makes a pretty sharp-looking boat IMHO. Just checked my bank account and I recognize that I will NEVER configure my own Nautique, but it is fun to play with all the options. This boat definitely looks unique and will be instantly recognizable.

I guess this means that the local Nautique dealer I talked to at the Seattle Boat Show was right that something new was coming soon! :smile:

• Baller
The grey sea deck does look better. IMO this boat would be a winner and appeal to me alot more if it was an open bow , teak platform , minimal sea deck on gunnels and fully upholstered engine box. As it is now it looks like they made the boat out of the stuff! Not that my opinion matters as Iove my 17 Prostar and dont forsee a new boat anytime soon.

• Baller
Well, OK. Only 35 promo team members. Production WILL be somewhat limited due to the release date. Just how will Ski Nautique pull enough tournaments to legitimately qualify for Nationals? As mentioned earlier, it seems that rule changes would be in order to use the boat, what with variable position H-gate and the "tuners". Will rules be changed at this time of the year? Will CC have the pull to get them changed or will those in control just ignore it and look the other way. Before you call me biased or worse, I'm a SN guy.