Prostar touch screen

The_MS

• Baller_

We have an active screen that shows everything and we can use the up and down buttons to change the speed but the touch screen will not work. Is there a way to activate the touch screen or do we have a lemon? It was working fine up until today. fp7vf2hlstsu.jpeg

• Baller
There was a thread not too long ago about a MC touch screen issue. I forgot what the resolution was, maybe you can do a search. One thing suggested that caused issues, I believe more along the line of functions changing without touching (kinda the opposite of yours) was just a dirty screen.

• Baller
Try disconnecting the main connector behind the head unit....there may be two connectors, I can't remember. Make sure you don't see any signs of corrosion or potentially loose connections. Those screens are sensitive to voltage input. It very well could be a lemon as many of those screens (including our on a 15 Prostar) had to be replace for a multitude of glitches and issues.

• Baller

Take it to the dealer. Mine is bad too. A lot of people have said they are sensitive to voltage so bad grounds caused some people’s problem, one had a bad (maybe corroded) pin connection in the back. Mine was doing ghost touches and changing speed and ZO setting, sometimes mid pass.

My buddy asked, what’s your time supposed to be, 16.27?

• Baller
There seems to be an alarming number of problems with the Prostar screen. Everyone seems to get good warranty service, but what about when your warranty runs out? Big ticket item!

• Baller
Love the screen and ease of use , but have the same concerns .I have 112 hours on my year old Prostar with no screrm issues to date . Id hate to sell it in 4 years but the cost to replace scares me !

• Administrators

I have not heard a lot of complaints. As far as warranty your dealer should take care of any issues without question.

Also I am under the impression that the screens used in the ProStars are made by the same manufacturer as those in the Nautique and the Malibu so whatever the issues may be they are not boat brand specific.

• Baller
@MS Glad to hear the reboot worked. I experienced the same condition after a low battery condition. Low voltage seems to cause this but a reboot once it has sufficient voltage seems to be the answer.

• Baller
My problem was the screen would go off and on without touching it and was diagnosed as "false touch." My greatest help came form Eric Carmen - ecarmen@enovationcontrols.com in Tulsa, Oklahoma. As soon as he told my dealer the problem the touch screen was replaced within a week. It was covered by warranty thank goodness otherwise the bill was $4,400 parts/labor.

• Administrators
@slow is that a real dislike or is that a fat finger? All the boats in tournament skiing as well as almost any wake boat you can name source their touch screens from the same manufacturer.

• Baller
4,000+ MC’s sold per year, all with some sort of touch screen, and rarely a complaint raised in teamtalk. I think I see more issues with kill switches honestly. No doubt it sucks if it’s your screen that goes out though.

• Baller
@Horton, you need a transmission in order for your truck to move, sort of a necessity....you don't need a $4000 touch screen to get ZO to run, your accessories to turn on and off, and you gauges to read out.

• Baller
@Horton I think the point @OSUwaterskier is trying to make is in response to @swc5150 post saying there should be another option once they go out of warranty. @OSUwaterskier refutes that as relates to Malibu. I clarify, @swc5150 didn't do the refuting.

• Baller

I'm not refuting anything. I think it's very unfortunate, and have no clue if it applies to the entire big 3 or not. I just think at some point, repairs will be available vs just buying a new unit.

Everybody wanted simple gauges, no frills and a great wake until Centurion actually built it. Then no one bought it.

Watch my screen go out tonight...that would be karma.

• Baller

@swc5150 People did buy the Centurion. Enough that Nautique had to buy the company to kill the competition and preserve the high price market.

Can one even buy an aftermarket screen? I couldn't find one on Google.

Eric