How do you use a Wakeye with Samsung Galaxy 8+

JC McCavit

• Baller
You'll find the Samsung Galaxy 8+ is equipped with Optical image stabilization which is designed to stabilize "hand shake" or low frequency vibration (a lot of new smartphones are using OIS these days). But it cant handle high frequency vibration that it is picking up from the motor, propeller shaft and anything else in the boat that is resonating a frequency the OIS cant handle. A work around is to use the front camera as I don think it has OIS.

• Baller

I got so fed up with getting good quality video that I hacked together a solution using a cheap JVC camcorder from ebay. The key is getting one with good true optical zoom and at least 60fps frame rate. Order of magnitude better results that anything I could make work with a cell phone or GoPro.

But the real productivity enhancer is software I threw together to automate the video post-processing so it ended up in the cloud for easy viewing with almost no manual work for me to do after each ski session.

hpj0vafu8ffp.jpg

• Baller

Jibbo, what do you mean "the front camera"? I am having trouble with my Iphone 7 and was going to start a new post on this subject. My wakeye used to work just fine, but now the video is horribly shaky and I'm not sure what the heck changed. All I can figure is maybe all the Iphone updates are no longer compatible with the Wakeye ap? My friend has a Samsung phone and the video is calm, smooth and crystal clear on her screen! How do I get to the "front camera"?

• Baller

pm2zhrmgumz4.jpg

@Luv2Ski See attached image to show how to switch to front camera.

We did an update recently for iPhone X. And it seems to have messed up earlier iPhone versions. Will try to fix it asap