New Ski

inland

If given the choice between a 2016 HO VTR and a 2016 Radar Lithium Vapor, which would you chose and why? This is for a relative novice level skier with a PB of -22, 32 MPH working on coming up the line and increasing speed.

• Baller
Sorry I can't speak to the HO, but I have a '16 Vapor LE and it's awesome. Fast, stable and very easy to ride. My wife is a 24mph -15 skier and loves it as well. IFor whatever reason, it's also the easiest ski she's ever been on for deep water starts FWIW. I also received fin settings and binding placement direct from Chris Rossi right here on good ol' BOS. That's pretty awesome in itself.

• Baller
When I was on the VTR I thought it was very sensitive to set up. If I had that thing dialed in it was amazing. Ran a 3 buoy PB on it. Fast across the wake, tip stayed down in the turn, carried ample speed through the turn into the buoy. When it wasn’t set up it was a bull to ride. It does not like it when you ride the tail at all. That said I tried a vapor at nationals last year. It was fine, nothing special I didn’t think. Not as fast as the VTR in my opinion and I didn’t trust it coming into the ball it just didn’t feel stable

• Baller
Different skis, but I was on a 2015 HO V Type and it rode fine but felt like it was missing that comfortable ride. Just bought a new Vapor Pro build and it is like night and day. Fast, early, and crazy turns. Between the two skis Vapors ride a lot higher in the water also. Go with the Vapor. Like I said tho, my two skis were similar but the Vapor is a different shape. The 2015,16 HO’s just seem to take a lot of adjusting. Just my opinion.