KD PLATINUM NEW PB

bkreis

• Baller

I don't have any details/confirmation, but if you read between the lines, I think you'll find these are two brands from the same parent company (think Chevy and Pontiac). I think Jobe is still a familiar brand in Australia, I suspect they're trying to leverage brand loyalty by re-branding (mostly) the same product(s)... which makes sense (nothing wrong with that).

Jobe Edge

KD Platinum

Check bullet points, note the topsheet detail, etc.

Same ski, same mold, same Korad base, same everything but bindings. But curious if the nuances of the layup are the same or if one's softer than the other, etc.

Same goes for KD's new trick ski... looks to be a re-painted Jobe Revert.

• Baller
@andjules Its my understanding that the two skis are the same here in Australia and your close with your assumptions. I have seen a couple of the Jobes in blue and they look really nice, pretty sure they will never be sold in the US. One of my skiing mates is on the 67 Jobe and likes it a lot, its not quite as fast as the red KD

• Baller

Breadcrumb trail: I wouldn't have twigged to the relationship if @twhisper hadn't posted a photo of the KD trick with the distinctive round tip (like the Jobe trick ski). Then I remembered some comment about Wayne Briant being involved in KD and remembered Josh Briant was a Jobe tricker. [/ski-nerd]

And yes, I assumed we wouldn't be seeing the Jobes on this side of the pond... at least this year.