Analyze those fin settings!

Andre

• Baller

Never been a fin tinkerer and mostly ski factory specs working on my (bad) technique to scramble to mid 35 off.

Just got a new to me 16 D3 Quest 45 that i took for a first date last nite outside the course. Ski felt fine for a first ride,may move my bindings forward one hole in a near future.

Fin settings are written on it and i remeasured yesterday to confirm.They are not factory specs and i would like to know how those different settings are affecting the ski.

68'' 2016 D3 Quest 45

Factory: 6.935 2.495 .765 8 30.25

Actuals: 7.030 2.527 .731 9 30.25

If i go back to factory,what differences should i feel in the ski ? (usually...)

Thanks!

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Baller

@Jordan

Sorry was editing...had to use my phone to create thread as i don't see the ''New thread '' button on the laptop...???

• Administrators
Those actual settings look like a crap load of work and just too much fin. That fin is really too long and Too Deep or one of the other. I would suggest you just go back to stock or if you want to play try going a ton shallower or shorter. For reference the old school traditional - everybody loves it numbers are. 2.500 / 6.860ish / .780ish

• Baller
Like Horton said. With a fin that long, deep and the short DFT, that 68 inch ski will feel like a 72 inch ski. Go back to factory settings as a start. Your ski will feel much quicker, turn more easily all while requiring less effort. Good luck. MWN

• Baller

Ok, been back to factory settings for a month and really love the ski as all my previous D3s.

It's still early in the season but would like to try something else.

6' 2'' ,192.5 (down 15 lbs from last year :) ) and would like the ski to get a bit more snap in the turns specially on my onside.

Starting from factory settings, where do i want to go? Long and shallow or short and deep ?

Signed:Not a usual fin tinkerer...

• Administrators
Those settings listed as actual would be something I would give to somebody as a prank. That's it is way too big. Too much length combined with too much depth.