Travers Using a Toe-Loop?

Garn

• Baller
I have a theory that right handed skiers that are left foot forward should use a toe piece and right handed right foot forwards should use double boots and vice versa. If you notice people in general the majority by far will jump skip hop kick etc with their dominant foot and always post up or land on the non dominant one. This makes the non dominant one really great for standing on and therefore more favorable to have in front. If your non dominant foot is up front then you can stand on it confidently and your rear is happy in a kicker. If your non dominant is in the rear then it needs to be held in place because it’s gonna wanna move to find stability if necessary and it will be difficult to have the confidence needed to always stand on the less stable foot. There is more evidence to support the roles of dominant/ non dominant feet and this is just a fun theory.

• Supporting Member

@TravisNW Would you extend your very intriguing theory to getting up with one foot out? I've always found that very challenging, even when I was a young RTP skier behind an underpowered boat (where it should have been a relative advantage). Might it be that a dominant-foot-forward skier has trouble getting up with the "balance leg" completely out of the ski?

Also, is it too late for me to switch? :smile:

Interesting theory. I'm a right handed left foot forward skiier who uses RTP and has always come out with back foot out. I can come out with both in but seems so much harder then it needs to be. Just me.

Never tried it but double boot appears in my mind that it might be easier to get up on with both feet in as opposed to both in on my RTP. Hope that made sense lol.

TravisNW, are you suggesting that all right handed people are right foot dominant? I have often used the "push test" to determine someone's dominant foot (push them blind and see which foot they use to catch themselves). I will always react with my left foot.

Thanks,

Dan