Looking for course skiing in southern Maine

Wac

“Hello my name is John and I’m an addict.....”. Looking to team up with some fellow ski-addicts that have a course set up and would be willing to let me join them for time to time or consistently throughout the summer. Of course happy to bring gas, cash or beer (or all three) whatever is acceptable payment :-) I’m 50yr, skiing -32 @ 34mph off skier and decent driver. I have a flexible hours and am willing to travel. Currently living in Sebago.

• Baller
There is an AWSA East Facebook group. I would suggest posting there and seeing what you can find. I know skiers in NH but not in Maine. Years ago when I used to go to Coble's with my son she there was a family there who worked at he camp for a couple of weeks during the summer from Portland. You could try contacting April and see if she could connect you.

Thanks! I also have access to a Malibu and a course near me too... but need some fellow addicts who like early morning buoy chasing during the week... I’m short on codependent ski partners!

• Baller

@Wac - I am in Palermo, Maine. About 90 minutes or so from you, depending where you are on Sebago. I have a course setup in a public lake, so I am at the mercy of the wind and tubers. Typically ski early morning on the weekends and into the evenings when lake traffic permits it. Let me know if you want to make the trek up this way sometime. Usually it is just my wife and I skiing or a friend that lives about 30 minutes away.

As requested, photos of the new boat are below.

qo85hzf748zs.jpg

lujm7i1kzf6v.jpg

• Baller
Mike and his wife Jodie are great people, I worked at Coble back and remember them as students and hazy memories of one party night with Jodie as the bartender making very strong drinks.

• Baller

Anytime! We're on your way if you go to Beauce!

Alain skied a PB last week of 1@34 mph.

Couldn't wipe the smile of his face and saw a couples of fist pump too! Happy camper!

I'm trying to convince Alain...i mean France, to spend all their paychecks from April on a Prostar...no luck yet!

Have a great summer!

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

@slalom frog thanks So much for your invitation and hospitality! Wish you were closer. Let me take a look at the map figure out how long it might take me to get there. Your boat looks beautiful! Thanks everybody else for the wonderful comments and helpful hints. If any of y’all make it to the Sebago Lake area let me know So we can take a set or two!

• Baller

@Ed Brazil, #1 Pond in Sanford is still there, but the city felt the need to build a retaining wall down one side. Junk. The show skiers still do a show there, and last I knew, jump is there, but course is no longer. I helped install that course with you, as a water worker, prepping for '94 Eastern Regionals. Used to be a fun 2 day tournaments too, up until 15 years ago.