Nationals....Who’s going?

oneski

• Baller

I missed last year in Texas, so decided I’ll make the trek over to Kansas this year. What’s the skinny on Mystic Lakes? I hear wind can be an issue in August. Curious to know about the water and the site.

On another note, I like the America’s Cup concept. Hopefully it will draw a crowd.

• Baller
I notice on Google Earth that there are two ski lakes at the site, but the tournament guide has events running on 3 lakes. I assume trick will be run on the lake that wasn’t set up with a course? Also, with running only 3 lakes will there be an adequate amount of time devoted to pulling practice? Having never skied there before I’d like to ski a practice set on Tuesday. I don’t see a practice schedule posted.

• Baller_

Team seal sitting this one out! Dr. Moe wants nothing to do with a long drive to Kansas, El Torro is out due to the level 10 mandate B.S. and me and Mrs. Jody have had enough of the political waterski B.S.

2019 Nat's in our back yard next year (WPB) so maybe team Seal can regroup and get excited about a championship run!

You all have a great time, I think what we will miss is the Pro event and personally glad a "Pro" event (America's cup) is back at the Nats!

• Baller

@Jody_Seal has Stephen received an email from AWSA telling him he is level 10? I get copied on all such emails and don't have one for him. I also checked the ranking list and he isn't listed as being level 10 in any events. Am I missing something?

@ntx Skiers achieving level 10 status (roughly the top 3% of skiers) are required to compete in Open/Masters divisions at Regionals and Nationals. This is the first year it has been implemented.

• Baller_

@Kelvin

Nope! He just decided why try and jump 190 plus or even practice trick. Top 3% is a joke would have been better if the mandate was based off world rankings, after all the mandate requires skiers to ski in open divisions. How can a 195' jumper be competitive against a elite athlete that skis on a 6 foot ramp for a living?

This level 10 mandate is an unfair policy and it takes the desire to compete at the championship level out of many a competitive age group skier. How can a 150' men 5 jumper compete against a near 200 ' men 3 jumper?

This policy is a black eye to our sport and those that voted it should be ashamed as this policy is an oxymoron policy! How do you build membership and run off existing members at the same time.

Stephen says when he gets a big one off he will let it go! Oh! Sandbagging!!

• Baller
Team Neff will be there. I have participated in the last 17 out of 18 years Nationals and over 30 Regionals. Trying to keep a good streak alive! My son also skiing, but wife is questionable for this one. Men 6 Overall skiers are cool!

• Baller
Wish I was going, but saving vacation and $ to go ski with Gordon Rathbun in Italy at the Degasperi's lake in September (there's room for more if you're interested - contact Gordon). Youngest son skipping AWSA Nats to save money so he can go to regionals then Collegiate Nats. Oldest son temporarily out of skiing at a school (UCSB) that is damn near impossible to feasibly ski from.