Turning the Radar Senate vs the Vapor

Windsurfnut

• Baller

I'm curious - I have a 2017 Radar Senate Graphite and 2017 Radar Vapor Graphite. Vector boots on both, mounted in same spot, and fins set up to stock settings. Both are 67" skis.

Skiing at 32mph, the Senate turns so much harder/faster then the Vapor. So much so, that if I ski the Vapor first then the Senate, I crash on the first turn with the Senate. I find I really need to lean on the Vapor to get it to turn.

My guess is that at that speed the Senate just has more support.

• Baller
A buddy of mine is on the Vapor and used to ski at 34. Now, due to age, he's at 32. He does not like 15 off or the intermediate 25 off. Sez the ski doesn't start coming alive alive until 22 off or shorter.

• Baller

The stock boot placement setting on the senate is 3/4” more forward on the ski than the vapor. Probably because the senate is a wider ski.

Senate front boot: 30.5”

Vapor front boot: 29.75”

Set the boot on the vapor back accordingly and see if it changes the dynamic.

I noticed this difference when I put my 67 vapor side by side with my friends 67 senate - at first I thought one of us hadn’t set up correctly... nope.

• Baller
Mounting holes are further forward on the Senate. I have both the Senate and Vapor pro. The Vapor comes alive at 34mph. The Senate is great for 32 when learning a new length or just want to cruise longer line lengths and work on form. Just my 2 cents. Both tools are great at their separate jobs