Finally getting there - WTB Family Boat ~ $25k

justcuz

• Baller_

That Supra is all glass and composite in 2004 (they went no wood in 1992 I believe). Surprisingly a damn good slalom boat with more interior space then most inboards. Looks to have PP and the wake plate helps with wakes both large and small in terms of dialing them to a certain towed disciplines, speed or line lengths . That seems like a really fare price all things considered. And that's just the asking price. Another here on FL

https://bit.ly/2uJFtGg

1998 Sport Nautique, we had a1993 that was a great boat for everything, but the rooster tail was a bit hard at 15 off. A friend had a 1998 (tsc1 hull) that had a nice soft wake for slalom, load it up and it’s great for wakeboarding.

• Baller
Yes. Going to drive both the Supra and a sunsetter at this point. After which we will re evaluate. The extra length on the sunsetter is pretty compelling. I’ll be interested to drive them both and ski them both.

The new outboards require the owners to purchase nothing and any updates which are very few are done by the motor dealers. The motor dealers do need to have software, a cable and a laptop. Given what they typically charge per hour and that the computer usually tells them what is wrong it is now little diagnosing is required. Most of the training is available on line. Pretty simple stuff with modern outboards.

@justcuz off topic, but are there any slalom courses set up around the Houghton area? Years ago I remember someone set one up on the south side of the canal, just east of Houghton (my wife and I both went to MTU, plus she grew up in Painesdale).

We'll be up there next week, just look for the crazy old guy skiing behind a JetSki at the east end of the canal ;-)

• Baller
@bmalec east end as in south entry? Or close to portage Lake? We will look for you. We live right in town on the water so maybe you’ll need a “real” pull behind a “real” craft. No courses right now in town. One in twin lakes and one in lac la belle.

@justcuz kinda halfway between Portage Lake and White City: https://binged.it/2mHSlbe

Tempted to run down to Twin Lakes, it's been years since I was last there. And I might have to take you up on a real pull--although I'm not sure I remember how to ski behind a real boat anymore :-o As long as I can buy you a dinner at Ambassador... or the Library, your pick :-p

• Baller

After all this we went with the Supra. Thanks a million for all the input and suggestions. We’re super excited and have put some hours on the boat already. agi40c6iosq3.jpeg

Kids couldn’t wait to wash and wax it!

• Baller

Nice congratulations on the new ride. I love to see the kids helping out with the boat. I remember when as a kid we used to trailer the boat every weekend wiping the boat down when we got home to make sure it was sparkling clean for the next weekend.

You guys will have a blast.

• Baller

@UWSkier when we took it for a test drive, she took three swipes with the slalom ski and dropped the rope. I thought "crap...that's not good". She hopped in the boat, didn't say anything and grabbed her trick ski. I was sweating bullets by this point because we drove 7 hours one way to drive this thing. Thought for sure she was going to be pretty bummed.

Turns out she didn't want the seller (who was SUPER cool btw) to see how excited she was about the wake. She's a keeper ;-).

It's a great boat. We looked at a couple sunsetters too but the hours, location of the sale, and prices just didn't quite match up.