What bindings does Whitney McClintock currently use?

WBLskier

• Baller
@BraceMaker well yes if the force is significant and usually is, but also the uncut tip of the shell will not let the release fully spin around the arms. Anyway all I’m saying is that I wouldn’t use this as is.

• Baller

It is not a question to sportsmen, it is a question to manufacturers - recommend users not to compromise with safety for better performance.

l5rjkhvyse0l.png

if sportsman does any modification, he/she does it on his own risk.

Original Reflex construction does allow full arm swing.

• Baller

They use tape on the toe bar for two reasons alignement if needed. And to hold the toe down after the shell is heated and flatened. It takes up the space on top of the boot. Because the toe bar cannot be adjusted that low after the boot is flatened

Im sure most skiers dock test the release

Mine releases fine with all the same modes as her front boot.

• Administrators

Is clearly Reflex + R style rear & none Reflex liner in rear.

@skialex I run my R style super close to my front boot. it does not interfere with the release.

• Baller

@Horton yes, as long as the top of your rear shell’s tip is cut off, the r-style shell is. If you use an uncut shell super close, full arm swing is difficult. I’m not saying a release is impossible but not as it should be and the blocking of the heel can result to hitting the ski with the shin and other body parts.

A friend of mine runs his rstyle so close that the rear shell touches the back of the front shell.

His r style tip if cut off

• Baller

Look like the (Reflex Style) boots Quantum was selling sometime back. I have done lots of testing on this set up. The release has to move back less than 1/8" if the block on the back of the front boot is cut down. That set up does not look like it would release correctly from the pix its hard to tell if there is enough clearance