How to pick settings on 2019 Nautique

sheskis7

• Administrators

@sheskis7 I think people who dislike the feel of the new Nautique are people who pull harder on the rope. I suspect that you are relatively light on the line so I would not worry about year zero off setting.

I have heard mixed reviews on the wake firmness.

Everybody is in the same boat so I hope you ski well at regionals and have a good time.

• Baller

I'll echo what @MS said. I skied two rounds behind it last weekend. A2 145#. Been at A2 on every boat/motor combination since '08. After round 1 I asked what others were feeling and apparently most weren't feeling what I was. So, I left my settings the same for round 2 with a loose game plan to change letter if need be. After the way my opener felt I was thinking I should change to B2. But didn't. After my next pass I thought the same but still didn't. Stayed A2 for the rest of the set.

I've ignored the other threads about the boat here until this passed Monday. I now have read them all.

My thoughts are... I've now had two ski rides behind it and what I felt is real. Or real to me anyway. If there is a next time behind it this year I'll start off with my standard setting but won't hesitate to move to B2.

• Baller
@MISkier If you are talking Midwest Regionals, all Nautiques will be on version S, so + is the new plus, everything else is the same. I skied A1 on the 200 and ski A1 on the 2019, pull feels pretty close. I have been skiing + and LOVE IT on version S, but had to transition back to non-plus my last couple sets because I have Mastercraft at regionals and they will not have version S. Short version, ski the letter you are used to skiing and you will not be disapointed.

• Baller
@skiinxs what about this rule: H. Software changes are permitted as approved by the Towboat Committee at any time during the season, except that no changes that affect skier pull will be permitted between July 1 and the conclusion of that year’s National Tournament. Since rev S didn't come until after July 1, how can it be used now?

• Baller
@LeonL My '19 Nautique shipped 6/6/18 and already had version S installed, that was prior to the July 1 cutoff. I believe ZeroOff started making version S available for upgrade on older boats in early July, but it was available on new boats prior to that. If anyone has their boat with them at MW Regionals or nationals, I would be happy to do the upgrade for them.

• Baller
I have the ‘18 model year Promo Boat w/6.2 and it had Rev R but I just upgraded it to Rev S this past Friday; haven’t ski’d it yet - hope to today. Also, I still have my ‘17 Promo Boat and I also added Rev S to it. Go to Ski-it-Again and look for Promo Boat in GA. I’m going to try +

• Baller_

I drove men 4 slalom at regional s with a new Nautique only had one setting change by a skier after their first pass..

On a side note I do need to apologize to the men 3 skiers I pulled with a MC, This MC was the most ill mannered boat I have driven in well ever!! Sad because our second MC that was running on the south lake was sweet!! and I do mean sweet!!

I drove a 2019 a bit over the weekend pulling different divisions and drove it in all three events . While I didn't ski behind it, for driving I felt it handled exactly like a 2018. The new screen is much easier to use and more intuitive than the previous one. The slalom wait time countdown on the screen solves the question of "did we miss the beep?" And we all had fun trying to figure out which settings to use for tricks.