Ouch. New Pro Build Handle Pop

A_B

• Baller

@A_B

If i remember right ,you're a big guy but that break looks bad...never seen a handle pop damage a ski that much.

Wow!

Hoping that Radar will help a fellow Baller get a replacement!

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Baller
I have had worse pops that just made a dent or small nick on the side. This one didn't sound or feel that bad, and I looked at the ski with boots still on and the top looked ok so I skied a few more passes. Not sure if it hit just right, a thin spot in the ski (up in front isn't a critical performance area, or what. I was shocked when I took my ski off and flipped it over on the platform. Back on the Lithium Senate while the guys at Radar are looking it over, which isn't a bad backup.

Bit of an aside but how would you compare the two? I guess you prefer the vapor if the senate is the backup but I have a 17 lithium senate I really like but of course wonder about a vapor. Can run 28/34 but still very inconsistent

• Baller
I only had a few sets on it but felt the tail stayed down better in the turns. Which was giving me some issues at 34 on the LS. Was still trying the various settings to see what worked best.

That definitely stinks, if you end up needing to fix yourself 3M makes some great 2 part bonding adhesive's I would recommend going to a Ben's automotive paint store for the product a couple of good clamps and 24hrs to bond, done correctly you will have no more problems

• Baller
My GT got stepped on and it snapped; Connelly would have replaced it if I wasn't outside of the warranty period. I still got a very good deal on a new one from Connelly. Call Radar and see what they will do. But Horton is right, that ski is done.

• Baller

I was thinking I’d wrap duct tape around the front a bunch of times and if I was heading into a buoy too hot, I would just jump on the front and the excess tape would help slow me down.

have people tried protection? Slalom alpine ski racers sometimes put strips of dense foam or heavy beads of silicone down each side of the tip of their skis to protect them from gate thwacks. Of course that only happens if you are super late, so I always thought it better to fix your skiing than protect the ski...

• Baller
My handle doesn’t have end caps. It is a radius US Gear style with Kevlar line. It had to have caught just square with everything. Never in 40+ years of skiing have I done or seen this. I have been on 5 Radar skis and all have been hit at one time or another with minimal or no damage. Everything must have just been in alignment the wrong way. Made me sick to see such a bad ass looking ski cracked up.

• Baller
US Gear would still have hard metal surface radius at the corners with very little rubber material to absorb or transfer shock. Grip material is like 1/16 of an inch thick. Still, it appears the stars lined up. Bummer!