Difference between the Radar Senate series

skigirl00

The lithium Senate is definitely the best in that line for the 2018 model year. Things might change up when they switch the shape for the 2019 model year.

Between the three you will notice more response and speed as you move up the line from allow to lithium. If you are skiing the course regularly, the lithium should be the only one you consider within the Senate line.

• Baller

Also, if you are looking at the Senate then you might want to look at the Lyric as well. basically the womens version of the Senate - appears to be a version of the Alloy (fixed fin). Typically there seem to be more lyrics available in closeout/end of season than Senates

https://www.wakehouse.com/products/radar-lyric-womens-water-ski-w-lyric-hrt-2018.html

• Members
@oldjeep is the Lyric more of an open water ski? I'm looking for a ski that can handle both free skiing and course, since I'm planning on competing on a course in college. I'm also more familiar with HO and Connelly, but I'm open to seeing what Radar has to offer.

• Baller

If you are just beginning to ski the course the Lyric will be perfect. The same goes for any of the Senates including the Alloy if you find a deal on one of those.

Edit: I see Brooks and I posted at the same time. Listen to whatever he says, he is the expert.

• Baller
@skigirl00 I skied all last year on the Lyric and loved the Ski. As I progressed in the course and sped it up the Ski turned for me better and better. My progress last year in the course was constant improvement every set. This year I upgraded my Lyric from the 15' to the 17' and have made several PB's this season so far.(the season is still young) I can't speak highly enough on the Radar Lyric, I love my Ski! Good luck and happy skiing!

@skigirl00 I demoed both the vapor and the Senate a few weeks ago. Before demoing I was nearly 100% set on the lithium senate but ended up going with the lithium vapor. The vapor is so stable and balanced that it really made up for my sloppy technique. And I have been skiing it mainly open water the last few weeks and it's been great! Despite being categorized as a pure course ski, I think it is amazing for some aggressive open water.