So this is happening at one of my ski sites.

sunvalleylaw

• Baller
@scorban2 , this is Magic Reservoir. South of Hailey. There have been two courses on it in the past. Neither were put in this year. I am looking around for the people that used to do it to see if I can help them and get it going again, so I can get more course time in.

• Baller

And great. We were just copied on a pre-evac notice for residents just across the road from us. GRR. My wife is home, and I am in Washington finishing what was supposed to be a vacation, but now is involving assisting my Mom in a health crisis. I hope they catch the assholes who started this.

EDIT: Guess they already did.

JOINT PRESS RELEASE August 1, 2018 8:00 pm

RE: Sharps Fire Investigation –Suspect Identified

Detectives from the Blaine County Sheriff’s Office and Idaho Department of Lands investigators have identified the individual responsible for starting the Sharps Fire that began east of Bellevue, Idaho on Sunday July 29, 2018.

“As of 5:00 p.m. Wednesday, an individual was interviewed by detectives and admitted to starting the fire by shooting an exploding target,” said Sheriff Harkins. Official charges are pending a review by the Blaine County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office. The identity of the individual is not being released at this time. “We ask that the public be patient and allow us to fully complete the investigation and so this case can successfully go through the judicial process,” added Harkins.

The Blaine County Sheriff would like to recognize the excellent inter-agency cooperation with the Idaho Department of Lands and commend the exceptional work of all the detectives and investigators involved in this solving case.

The Sharps Fire, which has so far burned approximately 38,360 acres in Blaine County, Idaho is under the management of a Great Basin Incident Management Team #1.

Sheriff Steve Harkins

Photo Credit: Flat Top Sheep Company

To see Future Press releases follow us on:

Facebook @BlaineCountySheriff https://www.facebook.com/BlaineCountySheriff/

Twitter @BlaineCoSheriff

Press Releases are also posted on our Website: http://www.blainesheriff.com

CONTACT: Holly Carter – Public Information Officer – Blaine County Sheriff’s Office

(208) 788-5536

End.###