Goode Revolution

ballsohard

• Baller

The enhancements drastically improve the consistency and overall performance of a shape whose winning lineage includes a Big Dawg Championship and multiple U.S. National titles, including Open Mens slalom victory.

"This shape is a proven winner, but through a two-year R&D process we've been able to both increase top-end scores as well as user friendliness and predictability," said Dave Goode, founder and president of GOODE Skis.

A new advanced internal construction process features an internal backbone running from the tail of the ski to the top of the tunnel. This feature leads to a more progressive “wind up and wind down” out of the turn and into the first wake.

“The way the ski flexes into and rebounds out of the turn is one of the most important performance aspects in slalom ski design,” said Dave Goode, president and founder of GOODE Skis. “If the ski takes too long to rebound back to shape, you lose cross-course speed. But if it rebounds too quickly and in a jerky-jerky motion, the ski can be very inconsistent. The RéVolution’s flex and rebound is quicker than any other ski we’ve ever made, but it does so in a very smooth way that leads to great performance that you can count on.”

Through a new carbon fiber resin system the engineers at GOODE were able to increase the durability of the ski while reducing weight, thereby increasing cross-course efficiency and decreasing drag - and the extra work associated with it. Additional features of the RéVolution include a water proof core and a refined and more forgiving flex/torsion ratio.

What top skiers are saying about the RéVolution:

“Stable, predictable and fast across course. This ski is effortless.” - Chad Scott

“It gets you wide like a big ski and takes angle like a small ski.

This is the best ski GOODE has ever built.” - Chet Raley

“The RéVolution requires 20 percent less effort cross course than any of my previous skis, getting me to the buoy earlier and easier.” - Dave Miller

“This ski has amazingly fast, yet controllable speed. The backside turns are unbelievable and the cross-course direction is outstanding.” - Greg Badal

Available sizes and recommended sizing:

65.75" - 110 lbs. to 150 lbs.

66.5" - 140 lbs. to 180 lbs.

67.25" - 170 lbs. to 200 lbs.

68" - 190 lbs. and up.

• Supporting Member

@ballsohard I would certainly hope so. If anybody is releasing new product that isn't better than all of their old products, then they need to fire everyone and start again.

But I do have a question: Which "proven shape" are we talking about here? It seems slightly odd to me that that is left vague.

• Supporting Member

@ballsohard I get the frustration/comedy, but I think we need to give the folks who write this sort of copy a little bit of slack, for at least two reasons:

- It's really hard to quantify exactly WHY a new design works better. But if the writer just says "it feels amazing" then everyone says it's fluff and demands details.

- In any business that involves invention, there's a constant balance between explaining what your invention does to the point where someone wants to buy it but NOT to the point that someone can easily copy it -- or even worse give them insight what an even better version might be.

In my own work, I sometimes laugh out loud when I see the final version of the "help text" for certain software features I created, because we basically told the writer she wasn't allowed to actually explain what it did. Sometimes I think the help text should just say "it's magic"...

• Baller
The proven shape has been used in the Flex Tail and Revolution. The layup and construction are all new and the backbone design is significantly different. I agree with the comments from the team skiers above on how the ski feels. While I admit I am still in the “honeymoon” phase but the ski feels awesome. I will have the settings dialed soon and look forward to riding it in the CO Big Dawg coming up soon.

• Baller

@skiboyny it is not a Flex Tail with slits but there is an internal backbone which has evolved since the Flex Tail/Rev 6.

The Revolution is quick and snappy behind the boat which I love. The result is I find it easier to manage my movements behind the boat and in and out of the rope. It is noticeably less effort to get side to side than my XT or an XTR. I would say similar to the Rev 6 side to side but better.

Typically I find fast skis harder to manage through the turns but this is not the case here. Its easy to turn both sides. Its a fun ski to play with because there is a large window for set up so you can tune the ski to your style more than some skis where the is one place to put everything so it works.

These are text I received from a 32 mph women’s skier who got on the ski right after the regionals. Two sets on the ski before nationals and these are the text she sent me

We are seeing these comments from everyone that rides it. This ski has been in the works for 2 years and is not a ski that Dave rushed to get out. I have been on the ski for two years and really think we have it dialed in for all ages The comments have been the same across the board.

Set 1......This ski....unbelievable...I love it, right out of the box. I’ve only had time to ride it once, but ran pass after pass, never in the water!!!! Very easy to ride. -22, -28, easy...will try -32 next set....Chad, thank you so very much!!!!

Omg! Decided to take another set with ski/ binders as is: 2 passes -22, 2 passes -28, got great starts at -32...haven’t been there yet this year. Never fell in the water....ever! Very forgiving. Can you please keep this ski a secret?!!