2018 Malibu Open Festival webcast

ROBOT

• Baller_
Fantastic webcast. Announcing was great. Awesome to have boat camera video. Whoever is producing is doing a good job of changing cameras and perspectives to cover each pass from multiple viewpoints.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

I liked it a lot. Especially the re-plays of the passes and the different camera angles!

Announcing was great, not a bit obnoxious as the usual guy with his golden mic.

Anyone else experienced bad juddering? I got a lot of it.

Not so much in the morning, but especially as the event went on to the last couple skiers in Men’s Slalom.

Good job everyone!

• Supporting Member

Agree. Yesterday's webcast was awesome!

Has today's started? The schedule suggests the skiing began 40 minutes ago, but the only webcast I've been able to find this morning is yesterdays.

P.S. I'm slightly embarrassed to admit I was never a huge Battlestar Galactica fan, but I do love the Cylon quote used for ROBOT's signature!

• Baller

I did enjoy these guys on the mic.

The thing is when someone is on the water that comment is like nails on a chalkboard. Just my 2 cents, I think an announcers job is to only speak positive and let the chips fall where they fall.

Edit: between skiers anything goes.

• Baller

Nice job @Kelvin - thanks for bringing the action to us. Watched it on the big TV screen and it looked great. Enjoyed the replays and different viewing angles.

Nice job by Hank and @MAD11 as well.

• Baller

@Kelvin Any chance you can post a separate vid of Stephen Neveu's passes? I watched him Saturday morning (Rd 2) and his passes looked text book. So smooth and flowy, it looked like all his passes were in slow motion.

Awesome skiing Stephen!

Really, awesome skiing by everyone!

Congrats to Regina, Nate, Jacinta, Ryan and all the Juniors.

And, big thanks to Malibu and all the other sponsors!

• Baller

Soon, companies are gonna start to realize it could be a good idea to buy publicity in specialized sports webcast and we'll see real commercials like beers,cars and others...not only ski and boats.

If cornholes get on ESPN... :)

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Baller

@Than_Bogan thanks for that. Was a last minute thing for me to sit in. Was fun to do. Always glad to help out. Hopefully, if they ask me again I can clean it up a bit. Was the first time I have done a webcast. We couldn’t see the broadcast or replay where we were sitting so positive I got it wrong plenty.

Great event that took an enormous amount of work to pull off. Looking forward to next year already.

• Baller
My thanks to all who put together the webcast. Alot of hard work for such a small audience. It was a great way to pass the day with a broken foot. Thank you to all the workers and sponsors who made the Malibu Open possible. Really enjoyed it