Got my nephew with Cerebral Palsy up on skis today

Chef23

• Baller

I have a 12 year old nephew with CP. Trevor has been out tubing with us for years and is comfortable in the water. After he was at our house last my son Matt and I started talking about getting him up on skis. Trevor has some leg strength but is really stiff and can't balance on his own.

Today Matt put his jumpers on and we got a pair of skis with the connecting bar on them on Trevor. Matt got Trevor in between his legs wrapped his arms around him onto a wide handle and they got out of the water on the first try. It was one of the coolest things I have ever done.

• Baller

That's awesome!

When I was in Waterloo, IA we used to do a ski camp day for the Vinton Blind kids and another day for the Head injured being treated at Covenant Hospital. Some were bilateral lower extremity amputees, too (we had a special sit ski for those needing it). They were cool events in which to participate and created lots of smiles.

• Baller

Most of the glory goes to my son he did the hard work.

A sit ski would be really cool for my nephew. I think they are really expensive though. In a few years my nephew will be too big to wrestle out of the water so the sit ski would be a great option as he grows.