Anybody looking for a GREAT deal on a NOS '15 HO Syndicate V-Type? Read this!

DangerBoy

• Baller
@DangerBoy - I got on mine yesterday- It skied great! I switched from a 2010 S1 and the transition was easy (took a handful of open water pulls then straight into the course)...and the ski is clearly a huge upgrade! Thanks for posting the sale info!

• Baller
@DangerBoy - skied it yesterday morning. 42 degrees, so we didn't stay out long. I'm not good enough to explain why, but I like it so far. Easy transition from the Vapor I was skiing previously. I can say that the VMax bindings are sweet. Super comfortable, and much less bulky than the '15 Profiles I have been using.

• Baller

My ski made its way across the border and eventually to a friend's place way on the other side of town where it's been for a number of weeks. We finally both had time to meet somewhere central for breakfast so I finally got to take my new ski home and unbox it for the first time today. It's absolutely perfect as far as I can see. Don't know why they called it a "blem". Not even a scratch on it. Like everyone elses, it was originally priced at $1,520 but look at the sale price tag that was also on it! (bottom pic). $229.95! Man, I wish I could've got it for that price! I guess the extra $40 I paid went towards the "free shipping".

Now I get to look at it and dream about trying it until May. (Sigh) :/

amck4xzkju8y.jpg

htz98ix5i7u1.jpg

6uytlwl6pqzz.jpg

• Baller
I just checked the SkiPro website and they still have a 67" and 66" olive blem at $300 in stock. Go to this page and click on the olive versions and the 66" and 67" options appear. If you click on the "View Store Availability" button you can see that they still have both lengths in Olive available at one of their stores. https://skipro.com/syndicate-v-type-blem-bwf-s15-381228-1.html. Use the discount code I gave in my original post and you should be able to get an additional 10% off.

• Baller

I'm really interested to hear how everyone that got in on this deal liking their v-types. Reports? @powbmps? @Tom351? @Timr71? @btb24? @wheelskis?

I've only been able to get a few runs on mine so far so I don't have much to report other than I liked it but I didn't ski as well as I have on my old Monza but that was probably mostly due to me not being in ski shape yet and also not having the settings dialed in yet. That and my first few runs of the year are never my best.

I did 3 or 4 runs with all the stock settings. The ski was stable and predictable but I thought it wasn't turning as quickly or easily as I would like so I tried out @savaiusini's recommended settings for the 67 (longer and shallower) than stock. Only got one run in on those settings and it was definitely better. Need more runs to really know though. I have a few other settings to try after that as well.

My summer vacay starts in a couple weeks so then I'll have three weeks of hopefully skiing every day to get things figured out. Long story short, we're just starting to get to know each other and it's going to take more time and a lot more spins on the dance floor before we really dance well together.