Ashburn Virginia Skiing

BrennanKMN

• Baller

I am considering a move to Loudoun County Virginia, more specifically the Ashburn area. I am curious what the skiing is like there. I currently use my own boat and ski in the course on 3 different lakes 3-5 times a week. Because of the job I would be moving to the boat likely would be left behind for several years. Is there any ski clubs or anything near that area?

Just trying to get a feel for what the ski scene is like. Skiing plays a role in whether I take the job or not.

• Baller
I lived in the Northern VA area for over 30 years. I'm sorry to say that so far as I know there isn't a ski course near Ashburn. Yeah, Corey Vaughn is south of there but that's 2 hours away. It's really not a great area for skiing. Maybe there's someplace I don't know about.

The closest ski clubs in the area are Timberlake, Lake Holly, and Lake Chaney. Lake Chaney is in Brandywine, MD, about 90 minutes from Ashburn. Timberlake and Lake Holly are in Sparta VA and about two hours away. Travel to all could be unpredictably longer in traffic. Links below.

Lake Chaney: https://www.facebook.com/groups/155940957806250/

www.lakeholly.com

www.skitimerlake.com

• Baller
@BrennanKMN some good news, I know two families that ski on the Potomac River. Also, last I heard Timber Lake was looking for new members, it’s close enough to ski on the weekends. I’ll try to get you some contact info and PM you.