Vapor boot heat mold. Tongue's out or in?

Killer

• Baller

Picked up some vapor carbitex boots after about 8 years on RS1s.

I'm actually amazed at how similar the 2 boots are. The last and construction looks almost identical, which is a testament to the OG RS1 design, frankly I think they are the biggest advancement in ski technology in 10 years (maybe boot tech), but I digress...

Ive molded my old boot liners tongues inside the liner and out. I've mostly preferred out the last number of years. Was told by Aaron Larkin they were meant to be inside, but I've never had an issue with releasing and like I said, I preferred the fit with them out.

I'm going to ski the boots prior to molding and they came with the tongues in, so that's how I'll first ski them.

What does everyone else do?

Make sense to run front and back different (1 in, 1 out)?

• Baller
@ski6jones they are very much molded in right now as they arrived that way. Pretty stiff out of the box. I have to force them out right now and hold the tongton out while I tighten the bungees. Perhaps with repeated use they will loosen up, but that will take some time.

• Baller
@Killer all for trying new things, especially if it improves my scores. I experimented with rear boot after double vapors for many years. Wound up on reflex R, vapor front. Just need to try stuff and go with what works. If out works for you with no release issues then go forth and conquer!

• Baller

Just tried some dry land release. Seems to come out easier as is (tongues in).

@ski6jones I was about to try an r style as a way to ease my way into a front hardshell eventually. Got too good a deal on the double vapors and my RS1s have been so solid for so long.