Famous movie quotes - adapted for water skiing

Spuddy

• Baller

So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a slalom coach at a course over a the base of the Himalayas.

A slalom coach, you know, a short-line expert, a coach, a Horton. So, I tell them I’m a pro coach, and who do you think they give me?

The Dalai Lama himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald… striking.

So, I’m on the start dock with him. I give him my Denali. He hauls off and runs 38-off – big puller, the Lama – strong, crazy counter, preturns like Nate, right into 39-off.

Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga… gunga, gunga-galunga.

So we finish the set and he’s gonna stiff me. And I say, “Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know.” And he says, “Oh, uh, there won’t be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.”

So I got that goin’ for me, which is nice.

• Baller
The ski chooses the skier. That much has always been clear to those of us who have studied finlore... If you are any baller at all you will be able to channel your magic through almost any instrument. The best results, however, must always come where there is the strongest affinity between skier and ski. These connections are complex. An initial attraction, and then a mutual quest for experience, the ski learning from the skier, the skier from the ski.