So what do I have to do to get in the Waterski or Boat industry?

bigskieridaho

• Baller
I am in Aviation sales now, but what does a person have to do to get into the Boat or Watersports industry? I know we all probably think about it, but really would be a dream job! Just thought I would throw it out there when I pretty much eat, sleep, dream about and look at everything that has to do with boats or skiing. Ha!

• Baller
Not to bust your bubble, but be careful what you wish for. I've known several young up and coming skiers that have gone into the boating industry. For many of them, their skiing and tournament participation severely decreased.

• Baller
I agree with the above statement, I went into post secondary education thinking that is exactly what I wanted to do, but after working one summer I thought no way! You are just helping other people enjoy time on the water and spending much less of your time doing it. Best thing is to find something that allows you the flexibility to spend time out on the water and of course the income to do so!

• Baller
I turned my former passion (cycling) into my profession for almost 15 years. It could be best described as "Snack or Famine", as in just enough to get by - or no money. And as others have said you are working while others are playing. And I haven't even touched up the aspects of it being an industry that is seasonal, or weather dependent.

• Baller

@Horton that can be said for any profession I think. I spend 8 hours a day on a tour bus quite often, which isn't glamorous, but making a living playing music is totally worth it:)

My advice to anyone for any profession...go after it with the utmost persistence.