How many of you actually experienced a 2019 Ski Nautique

LeonL

• Baller_
I did get to drive one briefly to map it before a tournament. I was not the driver that round. Boat judge instead. I really like the touch screen and controls. I took a pass a 34 mph and felt the boat handled well. The sight lines were really good and I could find a good line on the course easily.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
I finally got to ski a practice set behind one last Sunday. My comments above from the tournament were mild, the 32mph -28 wake at 32mph is extremely FIRM. Coming back at -32 was fine and I didn't even notice the wake. Maybe other 2019s are better, but this one actually hurts my ankles to the extent I will either skip round two this weekend or start at -32 as I'd rather miss my opener than deal with that wake. There is a 2nd 2019 at Okeeheelee and I will give that one a try when I can to see if it varies from boat to boat. IMO, there is no excuse for a wake like this on any 2019 boat... As a driver, the majority of complaints I have heard are the 22 and 28 wakes at 32 and 34mph. 32 and in seem fine at all speeds and the longer/slower loops also seem fine from what I've heard (even great by some accounts). For the last few years, I have not been concerned about which hull I drew in a tournament as the MC, MB and 200 where all fine at the loops and speeds I was skiing. That has now changed.

• Baller
@roger try another boat as my wife loves the wake on ours at 32 mph -28. She says it is way better than -22. Also double check that the tuners were set properly. Tuners are not engaged at -22, but are at -28 at 32 mph. Driver could have forgotten to manually move line settings.

• Baller
@Krlee - I intend to try another boat, but it is this boat that is used in our tournaments. Becky was driving my practice set, so pretty sure tuners were set as she confirmed starting rope length with me. I never had this issue with any 200 even when I occasionally started at 32/-28 to adjust for wind. I have driven two of them in tournaments this year and there were wake complaints for both. I will try the other 2019 as soon after this weekend as I can.

• Baller

I finally got 6 passes of practice! Tried the table at all the hydrogate settings, 0 was rough, 5 was OK and 10 skied best. Interesting because it looked smoother at 5 but bumped me around more than 10. It looks worse than it skis at 10 - that's a good thing. Just get over it and ski.

I liked the wakes best at 50% but Imperial is not deep. 50 or 25 is a site decision depending on depth.

It's a very technically nice wake with a decent table. I'd love to get more time behind the boat. But the Brooks are moving the boat from Canyon Lake to Florida. Maybe a Florida trip??

Balance is critical. Blaming round 2' s zero on that. I've been so happy with the wake shape that I didn't adjust the balance. Good off balance wake but the visual cues change dramatically. More practice or just make them perfectly balanced.

Now if they can fix the horrible problem with the price...

Eric

• Baller

@skiinxs I got really excited. Lodi (where CCR got stuck) is on the way to visit my mom. You were going to get a visit. But checking your profile and my fading memories, wrong state. Sigh. It's hard enough to get rides behind the boat so I might still fly halfway across the country for a ride.

This is such a cool sport where you can get invites like this! Thanks.

Eric

• Baller
I just skied our last tournament of the season this weekend. I was under the impression that at 32mph, the tuners did not deploy until 32 off. However, I was told before the set that they should be deployed there. So, when I entered the water, I asked the driver to check and when he set the rope length to 28, the tuners said "On" in the display. I got through the pass okay, but I still think the wake on this particular boat is extreme. I would say it's close to the 98 Mastercraft in firmness. Other 2019 SN owners are telling me theirs is better, but I have yet to try one. Still, it's this boat we will have in tournaments until at least Nationals, so have to deal with it.

i skied 4 tournament rounds behind it on A2; same as the prostar we practice with. i thought the wake was disappointing at -28 and -32, especially compared to the 2016 prostar we practice behind. -35 and -38 wakes were fine. i personally struggled with the pull. boat is strong and i tend to pull long; it punished me for it.

• Baller
I skied behind Jeff Kepchia's 2019 last night. It was my first ride on the 2019 Vapor, so I was kind of testing his wake and the ski at the same time. His 32mph -28 wake is slightly better than Becky's, but only slightly (still a very firm wake to cross). 32 and 35 were fine as are Becky's. Still of the opinion that there is no excuse for this wake on any 2019 boat.

• Baller
@roger as to whether the tuners are are supposed to be deployed at a given speed / line length, there is a matrix showing this that should come with the boat. It was published on BOS sometime in the past but I can't find it now.

• Baller
@LeonL - I verified the turners were down ("ON") when I entered the water for that round at our last tournament this past weekend. The -28/32mph wake was still brutal. Maybe I'll have the rope length set to 15 once to see if the wake is better without the tuners engaged and then bump it to -32 (and shorter) for the remaining passes as the wake is fine from 32 and in.

• Baller
I actually skied a practice set behind one today, maybe my fourth slalom set behind one including one tournament set. The tournament set I skied my season average. I have tricked behind it maybe three times. Overall the boat is a little different than the 200 and would take time to get comfortable skiing behind. But the same for the other boats also. The boat has a lot of really neat features and a lot of room.

Mike's Overall Binding

USA Water Ski  Senior Judge   Senior Driver   Senior Tech Controller

• Baller
My experience mirrors Roger’s. He pulled me to 3@39 last week in a tournament, 38,38,35, 32 wakes are fine, 28 harsher than the other boats. Never tried 15/22, but my wife dispises the wake and a fellow mid 35 off women 4 skier compared it to the infamous 95 MC wake. I believe CC has some prop and hull tweaking to do.

• Baller
I guess I'm missing something. I've skied behind 4 different 2019s including Becky's. I did not feel what you folks are feeling at 28. In fact this has been one of my better years tournament wise and the majority of my tournament pulls were behind the 2019.

• Baller

I agree with Pat, I have owned both my 2018 200 and a 2019 Ski Nautique at the same time and my wife and I have skied them back to back. I think the 22 and the 28 is better behind the Ski Nautique and my wife thinks the 15 is much better then the 200. At 32 and shorter there is no comparison, it’s awesome! I’m coming off a ruptured Achilles from July 29, 2017 so if the wake was bad I would know. FYI, I’m not comparing the Ski Nautique to any other boat then the 200, I don’t get into bashing other companies products like some people.

If you want to talk TRICK, we pull over 97% of the trickers at tournaments here in Florida. Erica Lang just broke the record with the new boat. There is no rival! And it has become the preferred jump boat also.

• Baller
Waking this thread up from last year. Becky's boat mentioned earlier in the thread was sold and she now has a different 2019. This one is night and day better at the 28 loop! I skied two of my four tournament rounds behind it this past weekend and had no complaints about the wake. In addition, I have pulled tournament sets with it in three tournaments so far since she received it and have heard zero complaints about the wake at any speed or line length (opposite of her last boat). I think there was something not right with the other boat IMO. I love driving the new boat and now I'm back to not picky about which hull I draw in a tournament :)

I picked up my 2019 Ski Nautique promo in Utah three weeks ago and love it so far, I had the Malibu promo last year. I regularly drive a 2016 Ski Nautique 200 with a 6.2, have been driving some in a 2018 ProStar with the 5.7 this spring, and now my 2019 Ski Nautique with the 6.2. The 2019 Ski Nautique is easy to keep straight but does take a little more steering input compared to the 200. The 2019 Ski Nautique has 1" less draft than the 200 and you can tell it is a little less stuck to the water compared to the 200. The pull is a little bit different but several people who have skied it this year for the first time had to ask if it was really going the set speed because it feels slow and you are early. For me between 22-35' I don't notice much difference in the wakes compared to the 200 except they are a little wider. My friend who owns the 2016 200 with the 6.2 loves the pull and wakes of the new Ski Nautique. My wife who is just skiing at 28.6 mph and 15' off so far this spring says she likes the wake better than any other boat she has skied behind except the Carbon Pro at that speed.

When the boat was first used at the Big Dawg in the middle of 2018 and people were complaining it was partly due to bad firmware for the GPS puck which has been fixed. The pull/feel of the new Ski Nautique is a little different than what people are use to but I don't think that is a bad thing, I just think people need time behind it. Look at the high slalom scores from Moomba which is notoriously hard to ski at then again at Swiss, scores don't seem to be down behind the new Ski Nautique.

I had my local dealer price out a 2019 Ski Nautique against the 2019 Nautique 200 and it ended up being a $11k difference in price when you build them up the same throwing out the engine difference. FYI, you can't build them up the same and buy one because the Nautique 200 only comes with the 6.0 and the 2019 Ski Nautique only comes with the 5.3 or 6.2. When you compare the price of the 2019 Nautique 200 with the 2019 Ski Nautique you are comparing a boat with a 6.0 against a boat that has the 5.3 or 6.2, the 6.2 is something like a $7k upgrade from the 6.0.

• Baller

For me this thread should have been who wants to ski behind the new nautique, I have seen it, I have had convestaions about it, am I ever likely to ski behind one, the answer is no, to expensive, my ski club is looking at the options for a new ski boat's the options being the Nautique 200, Mastercraft and the Mailibu, we have the Mastercraft and Malibu coming for a couple of weeks for demo purposes, then a decision will be made.

Currently we are utilizing two Nautique 200's manufactured by correctcraft in Orlando.

• Baller
@ScotChipman1 - From Correct Craft web site: The Ski Nautique comes standard with the reliable and proven performance of the PCM ZR4 engine. Upgrade to our industry-leading technology in the H5DI and H6DI engines. I believe the PCM ZR4 is the 6.0, 409 HP engine.

• Baller

Fortunate to have skied and driven the new Nautique. Introduced to the boat at Swiss Ski School and have skied numerous sets. Also skied my first tournament in 8 years at Jack's behind a different Nautique. (Thanks to Jon and all the Traverse team for a fantastic tournament) For reference, I usually ski behind my old 2004 196 with ZO REV S. I use C2+ on my boat and C2 on the new Nautique. As I was a basket case at the tournament, I went out at 28 off (34 mph) and thought there was a bit of a bump. That could very well have been me being way too rigid and tight. At 32 off to the 5 ball yard sale at 38 off, I could not tell the difference between my old 196 and the new Nautique. Boat drives and tracks better than the old 196. I have recently skied 3 @ 39 off behind the new Nautique and my old 196.

Again, other than ZO setting, from 32 to 39, I cannot tell a difference .....ok, maybe slightly flatter and wider at 38 and 39 in the new Nautique, but it does not impact me or my skiing either way. Perhaps the driving of the new Nautique has more of an impact than the wakes as the rope gets shorter?

Try it with the three blade prop. Much better pull and the loss of rope on the back side of the buoy is gone. The three blade at least at 34 seems to give a more consistent pull which makes it easier to keep a tight line on the back side of the buoy. They used the 3 blade for the LCQ Open men and scores seemed pretty good.

• Baller
@ScotChipman1 The Acme 1458 - 14x13 (jump prop) is the only approved 3 blade on the Nautiques. Great jump prop but I found it brutal the last time I slalomed with one, but that was behind a 200. I just had it on my 19 Ski Nautique last week pulling jump, I will have to check it out for slalom on this boat.