One more shower question...

Keith_Menard

• Baller_

I mounted my controls in the trunk, using the Malibu wedge-shaped partition that was already there as a shroud for the fuel filler neck.

lzq9r7abe8c3.png

I put the shower hose and shower head in the existing glove pockets in the trunk.

yph0rr1ki1ry.png

I also mounted a second slave switch in the trunk and wired it in series with a master switch on the instrument panel. I was able to purchase factory Malibu switches and switch covers (Shower, Heater, Heated Seat) at Bakes Marine. I reused an existing Accessory switch cover for the trunk switch.

3md3xc73obxc.png

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
I mounted mine in the trunk too (2002 Nautique 196). Easy to access, and easy to change the temperature. No matter what i set the temp to, seems like adjustments are always needed - probably due to water temperature. Acessibility to these controls is something to keep in mind.

• Baller

ok...it is all installed. Word of advice for anyone without a boat with a cubby...the lines ain't long enough! Heatercraft will make up longer lines for you, and have you send back the ones you have and charge the difference...but ain't nobody got time for that.

All in all, I like the way it came out and I got to learn some stuff about how the panels come out of the boat to run wires and hoses.

dplpenmqhnzt.png

h8zbzhl3aj3v.png

69xd3nsz5wsa.png

j8tn7gbcc9mt.png

ya5qcspg87l0.png

I still need to get a strainer on the hot side, but having trouble turning it into double 3/8 barbs. Time to clean up!

• Baller_

@"Keith Menard", sorry that I forgot to mention the hose length. I bought some extra hose and barb connectors from the hardware store to augment the supplied lines. I also got parts to properly connect my hot water strainer from the hardware store plumbing section.

Note that I said hardware store, not Home Depot or Lowe’s. My best source for parts on improvised engineering is usually my local True Value store.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller_
@"Keith Menard" We get the double 3/8" barbs from our NAPA Auto Parts store, they are brass and come from their tire repair parts catalog, designed for splicing air hoses, but work great for water lines too. One thing to remember on the shower controls location - you'll need access to the back of the mixing control to clean the screens if you get a booger in the system.