Ski recommendation for a friend

WBLskier

• Baller
I'm looking to help a friend find a new slalom ski package (ski, front boot, rtp). He is mid 40's 5'5 and under 140 lbs. He mostly free skis but is looking to start skiing the course. He is a decent free skier and skis at mostly 32mph. When he gets into the course he'll need to slow down. He wants to spend $500 or under and needs bindings in for that too. He's open to new or used ski. Thanks for any recommendations.

• Baller
I never was a fan of the CX. There was a 2017 Vapor Graphite 66 on Ski it again for $200. This ski will be good for him down to 28 mph. Same ski I have at 135 lb. If he ever skis at 34 a 65 would probably be better. my .02

• Baller

i have a 2017 66" vapor graphite for 250.00 + shipping - if you are interested PM me. It's has a few blemishes but hasn't see water. I just set the fin to Chris Rossi specs the other day - it's right on the money now. You could probably pickup some closeout bindings from Performance Ski that could be used with it and be close to 500 total. I really like my Vectors and Radar RTP.

I can also recommend the HO CX and have seen some good deals for those on eBay.

• Baller

Hey @WBLskier. Lot's of great suggestions going on in this forum. We definitely recommend checking out our Carbon V . I'm sure Seth Stisher or Joel Howley will pipe in at some point, but the Carbon V is super forgiving but opens up huge potential to learning and advancing in the course.

https://www.connellyskis.com/carbonv.html