Presenting - WhisperFin #1

SkiJay

• Baller
Bump to this thread and hope @SkiJay will continue to give feedback (seemed to fade away)? I mounted the Whisper fin on my Goode ReVOcc 66.5 following the exact numbers given at https://finwhispering.com/whisperfin-setups/ . I experienced notably quicker turns with no negative effect on another parameter. I 100% prefer the WF to the stock fin. I'm skiing into 32 off 34mph at the moment, so not high level.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller

@Stefan - what do you mean that is not high level? It absolutely is!! Maybe you are thinking world class pro skiers. There is a reason there aren’t a whole lot of world class pro skiers - that kind of thing is HARD!

At 32 off you can really start to feel some of the things that are being discussed by Spraymakers (Trent and Chris) and Adam Cord and Adam Caldwell. A whole new world is opening up for you with this. Embrace it and enjoy it. The fun is only starting.

• Baller
Unfortunately @SkiJay is no longer on this forum. It’s a real shame to lose his great feedback. I really don’t agree with why but that’s not up to me. Trying to soak up the knowledge regardless. On another note I’m in the same boat working on knocking down 32 off. The WF and following the simple instructions have contributed to make that possible.

I ordered the WhisperFIn from Jay 2 months ago. He was super helpful and supportive. I did this alongside a new ski - Senate Lithium 71 - and it has been AMAZING how much better the ski performs. It turns when I want it to turn and I love the set up. Keep in mind I'm a big guy - 295 and 6'3" but I'm still pulling like a madman. THx Jay!! Congrats on your new manufacturing process:)

• Baller
@escmanaze reach out to @SkiJay on his website https://finwhispering.com/contact/ What I like about @SkiJay is he is an engineer like the two Adams at Denali. Jay literally wrote the book on fin tuning so he knows his stuff. I agree that it's a shame he's not on the site anymore as the active group here can learn things. You're never too old to learn....

• Baller

@chipkimball That is awesome to hear. I just got my Whisper Fin too. Did you have a look at the WhisperFin for Big Guys thread on BOS. @SkiJay was kind enough to help us big guys enjoy the sport even more by suggesting an amazing set up with two wings. You're a bit bigger than I am...actually not that much...and I love the two wing set up that @SkiJay suggested.