Denali C75 ..41off ..Boom!

Wish

• Baller

Thanks!

Couldn’t have done it without the amazing crew of individuals who support our site at Trophy Lakes! Great driving/judging and atmosphere all day long!

I think it’s time to design new buckles next though. Now that the ski is complete.

The first 41 all three buckles opened up on the back of 3 ball, so I manage to survive the rest of the pass.

The second round, I played with the gate start too much and was a bit narrow at 1 ball, and all three opened up AGAIN - you can see me kind of fall off the side of the ski out of 4 because of it. I was losing my balance off the second wake. Trying to stay balanced over the ski in the turns was TRICKY.

With a major lack of foot control I couldn’t manage the angle the ski took at the backside of 6ball and when the line came tight, the ski was 90deg still.

If @Cord hadn’t of almost killed me during a weeks worth of very intense ski R&D, then I may have had the forearm strength to hold on. I lost handle out of 1 ball at 43 the first round for he same reason. Forearms were smoked and had no grip strength left.

However, if we didn’t make the upgrades to the design, I may never had seen the end of the pass!

I’ve said it for 8 months now....This ski rips!

I am beyond excited to see how it works for the masses. I think we will all learn something and continue to learn and evolve this design at 34mph!

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller_
How you managed things from 4-5 I think says a lot as to how well the ski (and skier) was doing earlier in the pass even with a narrow 1 ball (did not look narrow in the vid). Amazing skiing Adam. You guys have a lot to be proud of with the R&D you all put in. ?

• Baller

@ktm300, that would be epic for sure! I am going to upgrade the June 1st Class C tournament we had on the books to a Record along with the 4th of July Event a month later. There should be a couple great opportunities to go after it.

Hopefully I can get some ski time in between while trying to get some skis out the door!

Time to get back to work!

As a new to the sport skier I have worked hard to receiving the best coaching and advise as possible which is why I travel to Trophy Lakes on a regular basis to ski with Adam Caldwell. Not only is he an amazing skier but his coaching and understanding of the sport goes beyond anything I have seen or heard anywhere. This last trip I had the rare opportunity to see Adam run 10 of the 10 -39 off passes he attempted as well as 5 of the 6 -41 passes he attempted . This isn't a pass someone runs by luck it can only be ran by an incredible skier with the right equipment. That right equipment is definitely his Denali C-75 ski. That ski is designed with the deepest knowledge and understanding of the sport out there and the evidence of that understanding is through the skiers performance on the ski. In addition to Adam skiing on the new Denali I saw a range of other skiers ski incredible passes off the dock on the Denali C-75ski.

Adam Cord and Adam Caldwell are not building a ski to sell as many as possible, they are truly building a ski to be the best performing ski avaliable today. They are not satisfied with good enough they want to ensure the ski's performance is unsurpassed and after what I saw this past week they are there.

Not only will the ski perform at levels beyond what any of us have experienced previously the support and feedback that Adam and Adam will provide to their clients will be unsurpassed.

I was "all in" for Adam's knowledge and understanding when I switched out the standard HO fin for the Denali fin back in November on my 2018 Syndicate Pro. By making that switch I picked up 3 buoys in the offseason.

I swore my next ski would be the new HO Alpha but instead it will clearly be a Denali C-75. Once I have it in hand I'm confident I will have more things to post and praise about the ski and what it did for my skiing. Thanks Adam and Adam, keep up the amazing work to keep pushing this sport forward.

• Baller

We should start a pool on how long it takes until the first world record falls to a skier on a Denali C-75. ;)

I've never run a course in my life and don't know if I'll ever have that opportunity but I'm sure caught up in the excitement over all of this. These are exciting times for sure. :smile:

• Baller_
This new ski and that Whisper fin are really something. I have not seen anyone ask what would happen if you combined the two products. Would it be like an old Star Trek episode involving matter & anti-matter, or maybe a good thing??

• Baller

@Rednucleus Perhaps you are forgetting that the CG Fin is an integral part of the design of the c75, and indeed some of the design elements of the c75 were at least informed by, and maybe directly in response to, things the CG Fin allowed that didn't happen with a normal fin.

And every single person I know who has tried the CG Fin, many of them on different ski brands, has been extremely impressed and unwilling to remove it from their ski!

I'm not saying you couldn't try a c75 with a Whisper fin. I'm merely pointing out that BOTH the fin and ski from Denali are "really something."

(Minor note: I've never skied a c75; I'm relying on what I've read. But I've definitely skied the CG Fin and it is absolutely awesome.)

• Baller

@Rednucleus as I wait for my c-75 I have a 2018 c-65 I would be willing to sell you. I could keep the CG fin and you could try the WF on it and see. It's a great ski too. The shape of these skis is unconventional. CG fin is what allows for this. Let's not forget last year, Cale beat the great Nate on one in a tournament.

• Baller_

I don't think there's been another ski company that has put this much R&D into a fin and a ski at the same time. Certainly not any company that has an employee base of 2.

Edit: surprised no one else has matched up fin and ski design. It's kinda like teams of race car designers/engineers building the latest and greatest amazing race cars and then each team being stuck with the same rim and tire from the 80's despite their cars new found ability.

• Baller

@adamhcaldwell

Adam, congratulations! What a great achievement, from the ski development, to the technique, to the 43 off!

I’ll never forget those long days in RI and those crazy trips to CA. They will always be a part of my skiing. Marc, P. M. and I will try and make it down there soon.

FYI: this is the only time Sandi has ever said: “why don't you get that ski?”

• Baller

Production Update:

We sold out of the first batch of skis, and the first (Medium) mold finished up on the CNC this past weekend. If I can get Caldwell to stop backsiding 41s for a few days the first customer skis will go out the door this week.

In the next couple weeks the CNC will be running flat out cutting cores and the Large and Small molds. We've ordered materials for the second batch of skis so once we get this first batch done we'll release a timeline for the second batch. If you want to get on the list for one of those you can put down a deposit at https://www.denaliskis.com/c75-ski

I've had quite a few people ask if this ski works at 36mph too. While all the testing and design work was done at 34, we now have some feedback at 36 and it appears to be working incredibly well there too. Once we have some more feedback we will release a 36mph weight chart, which will be a bit different from the current one. If you are a 36mph skier and want to get on the list, use the current weight chart for now when placing a deposit, and we can make the adjustment later.

• Baller
We've all heard the comment it's the Indian not the arrow. But we never consider the bow. What a skilled Indian can do with a longbow vs a compound bow or rather a crossbow with a scope on it. The c-75 is like the crossbow with a scope on it. The results are just easier. More buoys for more skiers.

• Baller

@wawaskr I’d say if you are running deep 38 or more, go with the smaller size. Otherwise you’ll find the bigger size to be better.

Unrelated comment-

I FINALLY got a chance to ride my new production c75 this morning. Weather and life delays had gotten in the way.

OH MY GOD this ski rocks. I’m so excited to get this ski out to customers. This ski is doing things that I’ve never felt any ski do before. All the way through 39 it feels like I can just choose how much paint to remove from the backside of the buoy. Luckily the forecast here in NY is finally looking good. I’m pumped to go put some miles on this thing.

• Baller
@adamhcaldwell i am on the C-75 list, can’t wait! I am in Florida, driving my folks car home unexpectedly. Any chance I can ski with you on Monday? I will DM you. It would great to ski and up that ski with you!!