EVO vs. EVO-S for "aggressive open water skier"

Jboss

• Baller
I've been researching skis and just read @Horton 2018 review of the EVO. Great review, John! I am about ready to pull the trigger on a 67" EVO. I consider myself to be an "aggressive open water skier". Unfortunately, I can't make a course happen on my lake. At any rate, I am 6'2" and 175 lbs. My question is, how does the EVO-S compare (in real life) to the EVO. I've read the marketing material, but I truly can't tell which would be a better fit for me. How does the EVO-S compare to the EVO for a skier like me? I suppose I can do a trial on both and it will only cost me $70 for shipping, but I'd like to know if I should even bother with the EVO-S. Thanks in advance for your advice!

• Baller

Evo is a proven high end ski, at $750 less than the EvoS and without any field proof yet that the S is better and also since you are not chasing that extra buoy, I would choose the Evo.

Now if you like the looks of the S and money is no issue...

• Baller
@jayski I was thinking that he meant the 2018 Evo over the 2019 EvoS, as the evo review here on BOS is about the 2018 model, (I think). Between 2019 evo and EvoS I that I ski at 34 l would go with the S, @Jboss is an open water skier so a maybe softer more forgiving ski would be better.