Another Radar Senate Thread

LoopSki

• Baller
with all this talk about the Senate, Im really starting to lean that way. few questions, sorry if its been covered already. I definitely want to go with the 2019. I am 5-8 165 lb and ski 34 miles an hour 15 off through 28 off. I only ski in my backyard for the most part , so no open water. first question is should I get a 65 or a 67. second question is it should I spring for the pro build or save some cheddar and go with the lithium. I know Rossi said in another thread always get as much ski as you can afford. but at my level do I really benefit from it. I rather put that extra money into some other things I need around the house. especially since we're creeping up on $5 a gallon gas out here in California going to be an expensive season. current stick is a D3 X7 from 2012.

• Baller

@LoopSki , I'd follow Chris's recommendations, but here is another data point for you. I'm 6' 165 lbs and am on a 65" Lithium. I was on a 66" HO S2. Initially the 65" seemed short not because it skied short, but because I was used to seeing more ski in front of me. I have not tried any Pro-builds, but based on your size/ ability I think the 65 is your number, and the Lithium is the layup to get you your -28... and beyond. This ski is no joke. If cash is an issue, keep any eye on the used equipment websites or watch for demos/blems. I too would like to hear from someone who has ridden both back-to-back.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

• Baller
@coach3 The difference from pro build to lithium is noticeable at all line lengths. This in no way means the lithium is not a fantastic ski! The pro build senate currently offered in 67 and 69, so the lithium is my recommended option for the question above.

• Baller
Good luck finding a 65 Lithium Senate anywhere. I have a 2018 67in Lithium Senate that I’d like to sell and pick up a 2019 65 instead. I’m about the same size (5’7” 175lbs) and feel the 67 is big. The 65 should be perfect and actually per the specs has more surface area than my 66 Vapor Probuild. The 65 Lithium is apparently the golden unicorn this year. I’ve been searching for months. Everywhere sold out and I have some very good connections and can’t locate one. Word is have to wait until late summer for the 2020s to start production as only a limited amount of 65s made this year. If u find one jump on it. Rumor has it that there may be a 65 Senate Pro next year. Either way the Lithium rips so can’t go wrong either way

• Baller
I tried all those shops, mostly every shop online says they have the 65 when you select it but trust me I’ve called everywhere (and been to Miami Nautiques and Perf Ski) and can’t locate. Don’t trust the website. Pick up the phone. Maybe you’ll get lucky with a new shipment but word straight from the factory is none available. Seems crazy as the season is just getting under way. Hope someone finds one and proves me wrong.

• Baller
Called the number on the Radar site and they said best bet is to order directly off Radar site as they fulfill order from any distribution site in the country. Might save u from calling everywhere. But then again who the heck knows who has one

• Baller
Hey All, Have looked at the most recent Available To Sell Report from Radar...currently no 65" Lithiums in first or demo. I'm going to ask the "gate keepers" to see if they might have access / visibility of any coming in. Can update the thread here or message me and I'll connect directly.

• Baller
@Chris Rossi ok how about this scenario. i cant and dont want to wait for the 2020 65" Lithium. which ski would work better for me in your opinion? eat a couple more cheeseburgers and get the 67" lithium or go for a 65" graphite. or choice # 3 65" vapor lithium.