Slalom Inspired Beer - Name Ideas?

jriester33

32 OFF IPA

You could incorporate the color green into the label (the loop color) somehow. (Or any other rope length/color...but I picked '32 off' because it's relatable - whether it's your opening pass or what you're working towards)

• Baller
Wow y'all are killin' it here, thank you! So many great names and ideas, we'll start going through them all in the brewery this weekend. @wish love the alias @ms reference, but definitely not him, although he is mostly responsible for the healthy buoy-chasing addiction that I am currently seeking treatment for. @BraceMaker we are still designing the beer, but thinking Styrian Wolf hops from Slovenia and possibly a similar malt bill to other IPA's (Wooly Bugger, Decent, or Shag) that we've recently done. I'm still pretty new to the buoy world of skiing, but having this site and its members as a resource has helped immensely, thank you @Horton! Also, @ms @Mrs_MS @SkiOrDie @thager and @OTF thank you for everything that you do!

• Baller

I was thinking along the same lines as @a_bax but was going to suggest 43 Off IPA (or 6 at 43 IPA) instead as that's currently the Holy Grail for the sport right now.

Or how about "Dock Start IPA"? The label could have a cartoon drawing of a guy jumping off the dock with his slalom ski mid air between the dock and the water. A funny version of that would make it look like the boat took off way too fast so the skiers arms could be stretched out, the head snapped back with eyes bugged out, hair swept back, things stretched out lots of motion lines behind the skier to show he's literally being yarded off the dock at warp speed, etc. You get the picture. ;)

• Baller

@DangerBoy How about "Flying Dock Start IPA"?

Be careful using "bouy" in the name. I can just see the @ms suggestion of "Chasing Bouys" getting mistaken for "Chasing Boys IPA". Not that there's anything wrong with that.

"Shortline Wannabe IPA"

"Chicks dig big spray IPA" (did someone already suggested that?)

"Early Morning Glass IPA"

• Baller

Ooh! I know! How about "King Slalomon IPA"? Cartoon pic of a happy king-like dude stretching around a bouy wearing a crown?

Seriously, someone should at least take King Slalomon for their moniker on this site. Maybe the dude who routinely runs -41' and makes it look damned easy (@adamhcaldwell) should have that moniker bestowed upon him. I'm DEFINITELY not worthy of it! ;)

• Baller_

@Nando

We are in there a lot. I only drink the double IPAs and there isn’t any beers like them that I have had. I don’t drink Sours but everyone says top notch.

I order the Cuban 90% of the time but can’t go wrong on the pizzas or Mac & Cheese

• Baller

How about using the opportunity to name your beer by paying tribute to some of the most important legendary ski makers and innovators in the history of the sport?

Just spitballin' here:

Kidder O'Brien's Concave IPA or Slalom Course IPA or Six Ball IPA or whatever you want to call it

Connelly O'Brien's (Your name here) IPA

Kidder Connelly O'Brien's (Your name here) IPA

or shorten that up to

KC O'Brien's (Your name here) IPA - (everyone in the waterski community will know what the KC stands for.)

Of these, I like KC O'Brien's the best. It rolls off the tongue pretty nicely and pays tribute to three legends of the waterski industry and also to 5 ski companies who were founded by one of those three men (6 if D3 is actually a different company than Kidder Skis). If you call it KC O'Brien's Concave IPA you not only pay tribute to all three of them you also pay tribute to arguably one of the most important, if not the most important, ski design innovations in the history of the sport. I mean those three gentlemen literally shaped the ski industry and the invention of the concave tunnel changed everything and had a massive impact on the sport.

Final Submission:

KC O'Brien's Concave IPA - what do you think ballers? Thumbs up or down on this one?

• Baller

Thanks Kim! SWERVE is currently on tap and in cans at Forager, but it is going fast so please let me know if you are interested in cans or stickers as they will likely be gone by next weekend. Thank you again for all the help with this fantastic beer!

480moytmcqp0.png

fp26qe3dp0n1.png