Anyone Know If Fluid Motion Still Sells Bindings

skibug

You beat me to it @Skibug but FM binding sales are just on hold due to their manufacturer sustaining an injury. Email I was sent today. Nothing confidential so posting for the community.

"We have lost our fabricator due to a serious injury and are finding it almost impossible to get an experienced replacement.

Therefore we have made all bindings unavailable, unfortunately the software is showing it as a 404 page error.

At this point, we cannot sell any bindings.

Hoping for a start-up of late june."

Hoping they are ok and quick recovery,

• Baller
@ShaunT Do you think they would sell binding parts? I just need a lower shell as mine has cracked beyond repair. I have been on FM Evos for 11 years; but, if I can't get a replacement shell, real soon, I will have to consider changing binding brands and I don't really want to have to do that. I can build out my own full binding if I just get the lower shell.

• Baller

The lower shells are USD classic throne. But their sizes aren't shoe size so a 10 might be a 42-44 shell. See if its printed.

Mine would be off quattro plates so you'd have to do some fiddling.

I'm sure FM can also sell you an un modified shell

• Baller

@BraceMaker I would need a 41-42 (or 40-42) USD classic throne lower shell, right foot forward; I use a RTP so I only need front. I would take the cuff too as I know how to modify it to make it work for the EVO style binding. If you have one or two you want to sell PM me.

If FM would respond to my email or I had a phone number to call them I would buy the shell from them.

• Baller

@ShaunT - I never skied the EVO bindings and being a RFF guy I have more Right Shells than Left Shells, I might have an unmodified Left Lower from USD in my box of parts - will have to check - also reach out to @mmosley899 he might have a parts bin from playing with USD stuff over the years.

@skibug - I'll be at the lake this weekend, so long as you know how to modify stuff I should have atleast a shell/cuff that would work. You unfortunately take the same shoe size as I do - which means that some of my stuff has been... subject to modification. But if they're back up and running in June you'll be good.

I will say whoever they had was good - the level of finish on stuff coming out of their shop changed a lot from ~12 years ago when I bought my first set of quattros Paul put together. Those had scribe lines down the plastic sole plates and file marks on the toe blocks! Later on stuff was clean.

• Baller

@Bdecker , does it say 41-42 on the inside of the soul? I am a size 9.5 - 10 shoe so I am guessing it is the right size. Let me know what you want for it.

@BraceMaker I have multiple cuffs, thanks.