Boa lace system question.

Wish

• Baller_
Can these be relocated? Taken apart? If so how? Want to relocate on my radar RTP. Currently gets the tightest right under the ratchet device which is higher on the foot and less down the foot by toes. Want it lower to tighten over ball of foot (toes) first and then up the foot .

• Baller_
@BraceMaker if it's gonna gradually equalize, that means it tightens somewhere first. And it's as discribed. Want to reverse that so I don't have to get to eventually and my heal is pinned down more then I want b4 ball of foot is.

• Baller
@Wish I had a boa break completely out of the boot and replaced it with a buckle system. I use it for a back up. Have not had the chance to try it out yet but I was able to place the buckles pretty much where I wanted.

• Baller
On a side note, do you ever notice the RTP laces tightening up from incidental contact when your foot isn’t in? The dial is so sensitive I’m afraid of purchasing that RTP as I drag a foot on starts so need the laces to stay where I set them.

• Baller
@Wish You can take them apart. Lots of boa video on youtube. I just replaced a cable that broke on my Caritex boot. You do need a special small screwdriver. Relocate would be tough but not impossible.

• Baller
@wish that's where you want it the tightest isn't it? I have my top buckle on my R-style (over the bridge) tighter than the bottom over the toes one. Foot comes out no problem when required. There's not much point in having it tighter down at the toes is there?

• Baller_
Toes is just a directional cue. Over the ball of my foot is the goal. Up over "bridge" is not. Not talking some crazy dif between the two. Just one tighter then the other and in that order as the boa clamps down. Not the a huge deal if I can't but sounds like it's possible.

• Baller
I have laces on my HRT, but sounds like to accomplish similar I relaced it using just the top 2 loops on each side instead of all 3 (or was it top 3 out of 4) You could do the same with the boa. The boa website has replacement instructions (its different depending on which model is on there.) That will show you how to restring it.